close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My new toy arrives today!!

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by Nicky D, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Nicky D

Nicky D CLM

I finally decided to make the upgrade from my Sony 707 to a Canon EOS 20D!! It should arrive today, of course I will be at work when FedEx delivers it. Work will not get over fast enough today!! Can't wait to tryit out.

2. Dragline

Dragline

Just saw this.
    So how is it working out for ya? I bet you love it!

3. General Sherman

General Sherman

4. Nicky D

Nicky D CLM

The camera is fantastic, I can not believe how great it is. I have put the camera through its paces alright. We just came back from a week in Jamaica with our 16 month old daughter. The trip was fantastic and camera was unbelievable. I never owned an SLR, so there was and still is a learning curve for me. But some of the pictures that I captured were great. I am still in the process of running them through the programs that came with the camera. Thes programs are unbelievable with what they do and can tell you. The one program gives you all of the pictures details including the lens that was used!! Needless to say I took over 1000 pictures while we were aware!! Not all of them keepers, some were experimenting with different maual settings, others just did not come out the right way. I did have consistent problems with some indoor shots and shots at the beach side bar & grill. The bar was covered but the background was bright. Some there is some overexposed backgrounds that I am working on.
    The only stupid thing that I did, or in this case is NOT do. I received my camera a week before going away, I used it for a friends wedding and then I took pictures all week when I had the opportunity. I never really checked the pictures out that closely before leaving for vacation. So, after taking multiple pictures I finally notice that I had dust on my sensor. Luckily it did not ruin all of my pictures and I cleaned it when I got home. Thank god for photoshop!
    Here is just one of the many shots that I took, I still need to work on iy for the dust.

5. Nicky D

Nicky D CLM

Double post, sorry

6. hile

hile

Damn dude, I am *JEALOUS*. I want a 20D quite badly.

7. Nicky D

Nicky D CLM

Here is picture that I took with my 20D.Hopefully you like it.

[​IMG][/IMG]

8. Dragline

Dragline