Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Those fellas in Montana have started Pumpin These Bad Boys Out! I ordered 2 on a whim to try out & shoot the piss out of... They were a SOB to load once you got to the 13th Round, but I muscled all 15 rounds in & slammed them home on a closed slide to sit and break in a few days.

They have a quality feel and finish. I’ve been researching that Checkmate, who’s previously made USGI mags was the company helping in the manufacture of these magazines. I think I they’ve had spotty runs of mag manufactures in the early 2000’s with Sig OEM 226 mags If I recall.

The YouTube tests have mostly been favorable that I’ve seen. I own and carry the Sig 365XL, 365, G43 & G48. I think these mags will be GAME CHANGERS if they prove themselves reliable. I Ballistol cleaned both mags straight from the packaging. I’d seen some folks had issues with then of dropping free. Both mine did pre & post cleaning. I can’t want to run 100rds thru both mags to see how well they perform!

Electronics Gadget Electronic device Technology

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft

·
10MM WOOOOOOT
5,833 Posts
Twin G48s !!!

Really like mine, and the shield arms 15 rounders.

Reactions: Big1 and DaBurna

·
Private side
11,753 Posts
Hope you bought some metal magazine releases....
I want someone to do as many mag insertions and ejections as needed to make the OEM mag catch fail and let us know the number.
Are all the 9mm AR guns that use Glock mags using polymer mag releases?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I have three of the S15 mags and so far they have been flawless, and my plan was to go back to the range to get some more time in but that stop.

Reactions: DaBurna

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want someone to do as many mag insertions and ejections as needed to make the OEM mag catch fail and let us know the number.
Are all the 9mm AR guns that use Glock mags using polymer mag releases?
Conventional wisdom is around the ~ 1000 rd Mark from what I’ve read...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
All mine have been flawless.
With all the YouTube testing I have come to trust these after running 4 mag loads through each one, and then four additional shots at the first and the last round in the mag. ( particularly with one in the chamber to make sure there were no problems there with the full mags. And then enough spring pressure and proper loading for the very last round. )
I also probably would’ve been shaken if I had any issues but I had none whatsoever.
That includes drop free and lock open.

·
Private side
11,753 Posts
Conventional wisdom is around the ~ 1000 rd Mark from what I’ve read...
So it isn’t the insert/extract causing problems but the pressure caused by the slide pushing down on the mag during cycling?
Unless you are ramming the mag in, would the bottoms side of the mag catch notch ever touch the mag catch? Wouldn’t the only metal to plastic contact be the inside of the top edge of the notch and the top of the catch?

·
In The Saddle
9,450 Posts
So it isn’t the insert/extract causing problems but the pressure caused by the slide pushing down on the mag during cycling?
Unless you are ramming the mag in, would the bottoms side of the mag catch notch ever touch the mag catch? Wouldn’t the only metal to plastic contact be the inside of the top edge of the notch and the top of the catch?

Hey Bama... It IS, the insert/extraction, and it IS, the movement of the mag in the mag well under fire as well. The TOP, of the SA mag catch, that meets up with the top notch cut, of the shield mag, has caused me issue, and it (the mag catch) got chewed up. The OEM mags, in the G48's and 43X, "with SA mag catch," last (for me) about 100-ish insert/extract runs and they are mushed. Can I still use that OEM and have reliable funcction? Yes and no. Yes, if I do not run the OEM's much, and NO, I do not consider them reliable after their "ledge,"(edge of mag cut) is being smashed down by the SA aluminum mag release. SO, I have smushy OEM mags, after a few hundred presentations with the SA mag catch, and I have had one SA mag catch I discarded, after 100's of mag presentaions. I put a NEW SA mag catch in and so far ok...

Bottom line:
If a person is going to use the SA S15 mags, they need to dedicate the weapon to that. To run with aluminum mag catch, and the S15 mags, and forget OEM mags and Mag catches, and only use the OEM mags with the aluminum mag catch, once in a while.. Not use, the SA S15 mags with the OEM catch. YMMV!

One or two on GT have had great success running an NDZ mag catch with both the SA S15 mags, and the OEM's as well... I can only speak for our experience here, and that has been months of testing, and hundreds of mag presentations, with both OEM catches and S15 mags, and with SA mag catches, with OEM mags, and S15 mags as well. Again, all works plenty "flawless," for me with the ALL SA set up. SA mags, SA mag catch. I must have gotten a bumb catch first time, and on the phone a dozen times with them over the months, my friend there, and I, got it all worked out. No issues with all SA set up. I may, put in the NDZ mag catch and see if it runs as good as some say it does for them, but for now, the ALL SA setup does work, and flawlessly. If I carry a 9mm G48 /43x, it will be with 'total confidence' using the SA Mag catch, and the S15 mags. I have NO issue with that setup at all.

HTH's

CM
:horse:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts