close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My new Shark fishing Tackle.

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Buzzsaw, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Buzzsaw

Buzzsaw

My wife got me a Penn Senator 12/0 and a Penn International Tuna Stick for Christmas. Here are a few pics. I can't wait for spring to roll around so i can do some shark fishing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my new desktop background.
    [​IMG]

2. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Looks like a nice setup. I guess it's a bit big for trout fishing in streams, huh?;)

3. Sharker

Sharker

Buzzsaw, where you located.... I have a BUNCH of senators, I am phasing them out for lever drags, (not for sale, as they are great decoration/conversation pieces, exp. the 16/0)
    I do alot of shark fishing, we have a tiger shark hole here that we get some every trip... best day was 9 tigers (all over 8 foot, biggest 11 foot) 2 hammerheads (9, 12 foot) and a 8 foot nurse shark. Worst trip was 4 tigers. We have some awesome footage of these sharks really tearing up the boat. Matter of fact, I have footage of a 12' Tiger ripping the head off a 11 footer.....

4. Buzzsaw

Buzzsaw

Sharker I fish St.Simons and Jekyll Island Ga. Are you replacing your Senators with Internationals or Tiagras? I would love to catch 9 Tigers in one day.

5. GeorgiaGlockMan

GeorgiaGlockMan Aggie in Exile.

Wow Buzzsaw - that's a real nice set-up. I am jealous.

I looooove to catch big sharks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharker you are the man - take me fishing pleeeeeeeeeease.

What is you guy's prefered bait. I have had better luck with a cut up bonita or a vermilion snapper (partially filleted).

Do yall chum - with what?

6. Sharker

Sharker

Buzzsaw, are you fishing the St Simons Pier? I know the shark Lady well. I gave up on all that beach fishing years ago, way to much work for one or two sharks. We fish on live bottom off Fernandina. Lots of big sharks.
    They prefer Kingfish, but the tigers will eat just about anything you put down, as long as its big. The hammers have only eaten kingfish, (although we did hook one this year on a live little bonita... that was awesome, watching it chase down a 15 inch bonita)
    GeorgiaGlockMan, I doubt I will go again until this summer (the captain of the boat I ride on wants to go to the Brunswick Bottom to try and catch Makos and Threshers, but I am doubting any are out there this time of year, they seem to show up in April)

Oh as to what kinds of lever drags... Well I have a Tiagra 50LRS, and a Avet 4/0 (I really like that reel). My buddy has a Penn 70W, 30W, and a old 80W. The tiagra has preformed the best by most opinions, but all are about equal. I like the smoothness of the Avet. But they displace the heat from the drags really well. Our experiences show that a Seantor gets about 3 sharks before needing to be fixed (usually the dog goes kaput)