Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided I needed a different pocket pistol. I especially like to carry one in the winter for reasons I don't want to get into.

Anyway, while working at the shop I found this new 640-1 Pro series. It checked all the boxes I was thinking I had (and then a few). I wanted it small, hammerless, 357mag, in addition to those characteristics it also has night sights, recessed cylinder for moon clips, fluted barrel and a decent trigger pull.

It also has NO Hillary hole lol. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet however, I am sure with 158 grain 357mag its not going to be a range toy. May not be bad with 38s?

Anyway here are a few pics....just so we all know it did in fact happen.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Revolver

Kitchen appliance Fluid Tin Home appliance Kitchen utensil

Wood Bicycle part Office supplies Tool Cylinder

Toy Wood Grey Input device Electronic instrument

Moka pot Goggles Sunglasses Kitchen utensil Revolver

Bumper Trigger Automotive exterior Office equipment Wood

Attachments

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
I almost jumped on one of these myself. I’m thinking you’re really going to like it.

I would recommend the Gold Dot short barrel 135 38+P’s for it. I’m thinking you will find they will be quite pleasant to shoot with it and good defensive round.

I have a 442 cut for moon clips. I carry my load in the gun in the moon clips, and my reload either in a speed strip (off duty) or speed loader (on duty). Makes for good positive extraction should you ever need to reload, but dnot have to worry about the clip being bent for a reload in your pocket.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I will humbly take credit for saying you needed a J in one of your other threads. (y)

Congrats on the 640, that is a beauty. I've got a 640-2, 38sp only (although I'm sure it could easily handle 38+p).

The extra weight on that 640 will soak up some of the recoil of a .357... well, maybe not. That's gonna be a handful.

Congrats again, and enjoy!

Here's my 640-2
Household hardware Nickel Gas Auto part Metal

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will humbly take credit for saying you needed a J in one of your other threads. (y)

Congrats on the 640, that is a beauty. I've got a 640-2, 38sp only (although I'm sure it could easily handle 38+p).

The extra weight on that 640 will soak up some of the recoil of a .357... well, maybe not. That's gonna be a handful.

Congrats again, and enjoy!

Here's my 640-2
View attachment 1068780
Yeah, after seeing yours and some others I decided to switch out to it. Last winter it was a Kimber K6S. Which was a nice pistol but this one has more features. (Like the night sights)

·
Cuhootnified Roamer
11,069 Posts
My 640 is in my profile pic.
It has handled 357 just fine. I could rip through a few cylinders before it started to get uncomfortable.
Accurate and smooth.

Enjoy yours in health! 🍻

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I almost jumped on one of these myself. I’m thinking you’re really going to like it.

I would recommend the Gold Dot short barrel 135 38+P’s for it. I’m thinking you will find they will be quite pleasant to shoot with it and good defensive round.
I have a 442 cut for moon clips. I carry my load in the gun in the moon clips, and my reload either in a speed strip (off duty) or speed loader (on duty). Makes for good positive extraction should you ever need to reload, but dnot have to worry about the clip being bent for a reload in your pocket.
I picked up both 442 and 642 a couple years ago. Right place. Right time. Both are cut for moon clips and have action jobs. If I'm running to the store or a quick errand the the 442 gets stuffed in a jacket pocket.

I use Buffalo Bore .38 special +P 158 gr LSWC. A great defensive round.

·
Registered
33,336 Posts
I have one. Great gun.

Now on to the nit picking. It might shoot differently with mags compared to specials. At 50 feet, maybe a 2 or 3 inch drift across different loads. Each load will be 1" group, but the group may move as you change loads. Seems related to velocity, with similar velocity being similar location.

Seems more of a shift than with my other wheel guns.

·
Premium Member
5,630 Posts
Nice. For winter pocket (shoot-through-pocket) carry, I have the 340PD, which does a horrible job soaking up recoil, but is a feather in the pocket. But a hammer-less J-frame has a place for many of us!

Yours looks nice! Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts