close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

my new glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by -, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Guest

Well, I purchased the only model 37 my dealer had in stock. I had some ghostring style night sites installed before leaving. The pistol to me seems very nicly balenced and I like the way the slide is blended or beveled to look correct to the smaller frame. I am going to the range today to see how it shoots. I will take a few pictures with the digital so you can see the results. I also like the results of the forum request drive we have our own now:)

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Yes, it is indeed nice to have our own forum. I neer had much success with Ghost Rings, but that's because of my old, nearsighted eyes. I will most likely install a set of Heinies tonight.

3. Guest

What did you pay? If you don't mind. I am looking at them myself. I am a little weary of the current and future availabiliy of the round.

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Ammo availability will improve now that the pistols are available, just as with the .40S&W and .357Sig when first introduced. I expect Winchester to be next, followed by Federal.

5. Hawkman

Hawkman

I agree. It IS very nicely balanced and looks good too. Especially that .45 inch hole in the end!

And say what you will, that slimmer frame does help concealment. Feels no different than carrying my 17, while carrying my 21 feels like I have a brick on my belt...

Long live the .45GAP!;W

6. Guest

Well mine was somewhat on the expensive side the pistol its self cost $545. When you add the $115 night sites and all the ammo they had;) It added up to a little over $700 for everything. I ran about 140 rounds through the gun today 100 rounds of Speer FMJ and 20 rounds of Speer Gold Dot. The fmj's feed flawlessly but i had one failure to chamber with the gold dots. The ghost rings sites were not conductive to accuracy. The weapons was hitting 3 inches low and left of point of aim. The Gunshop put sites intended for the 9mm,40, 357 sig pistols not the model for 45acp/10mm on my Glock 37. I think that could be a big part of the problem. The pistol did group nicely at 7 and 15 yards. Its just not to my point of aim. I like this pistol and once I get the POI problem solved it may become my duty weapon...............

7. Guest

You can choose your own duty weapon? Cool!!

Steve

8. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

( I screwed up the attachment)

Were your hits low, left in the x/ten-ring at the shorter distances? If so check this out... (mirror image for lefties)

If not, disregard.