close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My new Glock 81 knife

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ArmoredSaint, Apr 26, 2003.

1. ArmoredSaint

ArmoredSaint

Just got my Glock knife on friday from Glockmeister and wasn't all too impressed, I basically purchased it because it was a Glock...the blade itself wasn't the sharpest and the metal seemed not of the highest quality just like there range bags. What would you recommend for sharpening it?

Thanks

2. Rex G

Rex G

According to one of Greg Walker's books, one of the SEAL teams chose the Glock knife for their use, so I would imagine the steel is really of high quality. I keep mine in the Jeep in case I ever need a really tough knife and don't want to mangle one of my folders. I can't give any good advice on how to sharpen it except NOT to use the Spyderco system, since the angle is wrong for the Glock knife. I am no expert at using a stone freehand, but that seems to be the best for the Glock knife. I do like the feel of the handle and the sheath design, although I do not actually wear the sheath often. I have noticed www.survivalsheath.com lists the Glock knife on the availability list for his sheaths, and I may try one, since he does very good work in Concealex. Keep in mind that the Glock knife is a piece of military equipment, made to win bids.