close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My New Glock 34 picture thread!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by matman, Mar 13, 2006.

Tags:
  1. matman

matman TOUGHMAN

Hi,

Well here is the low down on my GREATEST GLOCK DEAL EVER! I got a Glock Model 34 (Gen. 3) slightly used. As in it had seen less than 200 rounds and LITTLE TO NOW HOLSTER WEAR! It came with a Fobus paddle holster that was WAY TO TIGHT and 100 rounds of wolf all for GET THIS $420.00 out the door;f When I saw this one I knew it would be the deal I HAD BETTER NOT LET GO! I was looking for a Glock in 9mm to begin instilling the fundamentals of shooting. I also wanted to enforce the things I learned at Tactical Responses Fighting Pistol Class. And just to be able got shoot IDPA and not be breaking the bank. The Glock 19 was my original intention but once I go the longslide fever there was NO GOING BACK!

I just had to inform my best buddy that I had gotten the deal only to be told that he wants the next good deal I find! I promised him I would let him shoot it saturday after I win the IDPA match with it!;f It look to me to be born to WIN IDPA Championships and I for one would not want to try and hold it back!

I got a chance already to put 100 round of wolf through it and it shoots like a charm! The 3 1/2 pound trigger is THE STUFF! I have a gunsmith friend who is going to do the trigger polish to it that will be ever better! I have had no problems with it thus far and have been enjoying an evening of dryfire per day since I got it! I feel like the Model 34 will be the best investment I have made Glockwise yet! The Glock 23 and Glock 21 are the best guns I've owned until now! But they are suddenly taking a back seat to the new baby in the house!

I do have one question to ask some of you experienced Longsliders...What holster do you CCW with? I have a couple of OWB models but really would prefer IWB carry for my lifestyle and this gun in particular. I have become a custom to carrying the Glock 23 in a CTAC and really like that. I was wondering if any of you have a CTAC for the longslde that covers the muzzle? I was thinking of cutting the bottom out of my current CTAC and just carrying it that way for now but got burnt using another open bottom IWB holster while firing the 100 rounds yesterday. I carry at 4:30 and trust me THAT IS A BAD PLACE TO BE BURNT! Any other holsters would be gladly considered as well. I was thinking also about a Tuckers The Answer for this pistol. I thought it might just be more comfortable with the longerslide handgun...BUT I DON'T REALLY KNOW??? Your experience is greatly appriciated in this!

So sorry for the long post but this is my NEWEST PASSION! I hope ya'll enjoy the picture I have taken. They where indoors and I hope to get a few outside as well. I also included the Glock 23, 21 and the Kel-Tec P-32 for a few pictures wanted the family to get to know each other!

Until Next Time...

2. matman

matman TOUGHMAN

Here is one of the whole family side by side!

3. matman

matman TOUGHMAN

Here is the last one for the night!

4. Andrew Colglazier

Andrew Colglazier 3036 Promoter

Obviously people conceal the 34; I've done it. But I don't prefer that slide length for concealed carry.

The problem is the length of the slide. It is just long enough that it can truly be a problem when sitting, especially when taking a seat in a chair with arms, even if it is IWB.

I prefer Comp-Tac holsters. If you don't want to use an open bottom C-Tac, you might try the Gurkha model which is available with a fully enclosed holster model. The problem is that you are adding more material and length to an already bulky pistol.

Good luck! Hope you find a comfortable way to conceal that weapon, it's a good one.

Andy C.

5. matman

matman TOUGHMAN

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I currently use the CTAC with the Glock 23 for concealment and really like the combo. I do think with my dress I could accomidate the Longslide but don't want to get a Slide model holster. I used a Fobus IWB holster I had laying around for the 100 round test fire Previously described. I had an open bottom to accomidate Glocks from the 26s/27s up to the 34s/35s. The 34 hang out about 1/4 of an inch but burnt my BUTTOCKS!;g It concealed good enough I had it and the 23 on going to my backyard range. My mom didn't know where I had put my new pistol when I offered to show her the difference between the Glock 23 and the 34! She replied "OH YOU CAN CARRY BOTH???"

I am seriously contemptlating one of "The Answer" holsters. From Tuckers Gun leather. I am just wondering if it would drag on the longslide for a draw? And if it sticks out below the bottom of the leather backing? I know people use thier holsters to carry 1911s and this is the same size!

I may just go with Comp-Tac or even Chris Stewart of Ready Tactical. (www.pistolpacking.com)

Who knows ALOT OF HOLSTERS AND NOT ENOUGH MONEY FOR THEM ALL!

Thanks Again for the response! The 34 is deffinately going to be my FAVORITE SHOOTER! Carry is still up in the air even though I know it is more than just a possiblity!

Until Next Time...

6. ruger270man

ruger270man Gun Nut

for comps and range I use an uncle mikes kydex G17 holster, its open ended and works great with my 34.

I believe the blade-techs are open ended as well... actually, they have the 34 on their list of guns if I recall correctly.

7. matman

matman TOUGHMAN

Hi,

I am currently using a Fobus Yaquai Slide model. It has a little retention but NO "DEATH GRIP" like the other current productions Fobus holsters I own.

I am looking at Uncle Mikes, Comp-Tac, Blade-Tec, Tuckers Gunleather, and several others. I did however just spend more than my allowance for guns for a little while. So I will have to make do with the gear I have for a little bit! I have actually even found a way to use Glock Model 22 mags I bought for my G-23 in the Glock 34 (*these are only for target and plinking nothing serious!*) I think I shouldn't have trouble with them but wouldn't risk it in a Personal Defense situation EVER...JUST FOR PRACTICE!

I was thinking about a good IWB for carry and may just go with another CTAC! If it aint broke why fix it?;e

I will have to make that decision a little latter however!

I did just show one of my range buddies the gun today and got AN OH WOW! I think at the price he was expecting me to have gotten a torture tested model. AND IT IS BRAND NEW! Another response he had was "OH WOW...it is only a little heavier than a Glock 19!"

I was reading that the 34 is only about an ounce heavier than a Glock 19 and less than an ounce heavier than a Glock 17! The cuts are a BIG HELP AFTER ALL! Guess he expected a brick with the Glock logo...But I already have a Glock 21 though;f

Until Next Time... :cool:

8. Arkroyal

Arkroyal Sailing on.

I think with my dress,??? Waddaya mean dress, your wearin a skirt. What are you SCOTTS? HA HA just kidding.

9. steel

steel

I like wearing my G35 in a cheap Uncle Mike's foam holster, size 5. Very comfortable and very easy to conceal. Once it wears out, I'll throw it in the trash and get a new one.

10. Tree Rat

Tree Rat CRB original

What's up with that shirt?

TR

11. matman

matman TOUGHMAN

I had just got it at a Tactical Response Class and thought it matched Glocks perfect pistol SO WELL!:supergrin: