close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My new Glock 19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by fvf, Feb 6, 2006.

Tags:
  1. fvf

fvf

I just got my new Glock 19 yesterday and immediately went to the range to try and break it in. Used 100 rounds of factory FMJ load. Groups started to get better after the first 50 rounds. Maybe the gun or I was getting used to the trigger release.

Afterwards I went on to clean the pistol and got to compare it with my Gen2 Glock 26. I noticed the finish of the Gen 3 to be smoother especially the finish on the barrel. Fit is a little tighter especially the barrel to slide lock up. Trigger seems better because its not as spongy. But they are basically the same.

Have installed a Glock GL10 Tactical Light and use 17+2 magazines

2. Tim-G19

Tim-G19

Hello, I just wanted to shoot you a message and tell you they have spacers availible for your Combo, Fills the gap inbetween the Mag and the grip. I like em on my 17 mags in my 19.

http://glockmeister.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/62_86/products_id/374

They are Kinda new Or atleast it seems, was only added to thier online catalog last October, and No local shops that carry A&G have any yet.

Just wanted to let you know there is an option for us now.

And my Plug works fine with them also.

3. fvf

fvf

Thanks Tim for the heads up on this item.

I don't think we have an A&G dealer here in the Philippines. Glock accessories are pretty rare.

Fortunately I was able to find one selling the Glock GL10 tactical light. This is the main reason I bought the G19 was because of the frame rails for attachments. My G26 does not have this option altho it is a smaller CCW.

When comparing the grips, since I use +2 mag extenders the G26 advantage over the G19 is not really that big of an advantage. Weights of both are about the same. It is only in the barrel & slide length that I see a really noticeable advantage of the G26.

Was considering selling the G26 and just getting another G19 since I prefer the grip and the handling when firing but the G19 would be almost impossible to ankle holster unlike the G26.