My new Gen 4

Discussion in 'The 21 Club' started by gunsmoke92, Nov 29, 2018.

1. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

20181115_224141.jpg I've always liked the 21, but until the SF, they were just to bulky for me. Skip forward to present day, and I've picked up a very nice Gen 4. Without the back strap installed, it fits even better than the SF did. I was initially a little disappointed as it trickled brass on the brim of my hat from the first round. Not a 21, that just doesn't happen! I guess this was a hit or miss issue with the Gen 4 21's, mine missed. I was about to just take the loss and be rid of it, but decided I needed to at least give it a chance. Rather than pay to ship it back to Glock, I decided to spend that money and replace a few parts. Now, a couple weeks later and a new Lone Wolf extractor, stainless single spring recoil rod, and .40 ejector from NDZ, she dumps brass 3' right and to the rear in a nice little pile. Function and accuracy are absolutely perfect. I know it's no longer technically stock, but I'd take this gun to war any day. Kudo's to Lone Wolf, their machined stainless extractor is wonderful, holding the brass nice and tight to the breech face. As to the Gen 4 .40 ejector, I don't know why it works so much better than the OEM designed .45 ejector, but it does and is more robust as well. And the recoil rod, personally, I think they should have never changed to the dual spring RSA. The recoil on the 21's was never that bad to start with. The extractor stopped the BTF, the recoil rod and spring, pushed the brass a little further from the gun, and the ejector finished the job by making the ejection very positive and uniform. I shot 6 rounds as fast as I could squeeze the trigger, and all the brass landed within a 6" circle. Made picking up my brass a piece of cake.
    I'm liking it so much now, I'm thinking about buying her a really nice holster, maybe a Tucker.

K31Scout, mic214 and El Pistolero like this.
  2. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

Added a nice Alpha Wolf standard length barrel and an Agrip. Still functioning perfectly after the changes, very comfortable to shoot, and accurate beyond belief. This gun makes me look like a pro. :dancing:

3. El Pistolero

El Pistolero bene vivere Silver Member

7,850 ft up in the New Mexico Rocky Mountains
    Congrats on the great work tuning up your 21!:flag: It looks like a keeper.

4. El Pistolero

El Pistolero bene vivere Silver Member

7,850 ft up in the New Mexico Rocky Mountains
    gunsmoke92,
    I read your post again a few days ago about the tune up that you gave your 21 Gen 4 and decided to try some of your improvements on my own problematic 21 Gen 4.

I bought a Lonewolf Glock Extractor LCI 45, 45 GAPGLO-1902 and installed it today. Pictured below is the Lonewolf and to the right is the Glock extractor that I removed from my 21. The claw area on the old extractor looks to be flatter and flawed.

I am thinking that this extractor defect might be the cause of brass being consistently tossed towards my head. I’m hoping this new extractor will stop this annoying BTF. I have no problems with my 30 Gen 4 and I don’t “limp wrist”. Pardon the poor photo.

DB468821-6027-427F-BF6C-51F490F0F620.jpeg

gunsmoke92 likes this.
  5. Trader

Trader

I just bought today a G43X and a G48. Also 2 Lone Wolf extractors for them. I have 5 other Glocks with LWD billet extractors as well as 2
    Sig p320 X5's.