Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased a pre-owned G36 at Cabelas today and after further review, i dont think it has been shot much if at all save for the two rounds fired at the factory. The envelope containing the fired shell casings shows they were collected on 03/25/2011. When the gun is disassembled, you can see the copper lube still on the slide and there doesnt look to be any wear at all to the finish on the barrel. I paid $449 for it, $486 after tax and it looks like i paid that price for a virtually new Glock. I think it was a steal. sorry for the poor quality pics, i will try to get more this weekend. On the second one, you can see the copper lube on the slide. The serial # begins with RGA

View attachment 219853

View attachment 219854

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
You're among friends here. Congratulations!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congrats! Are you planning on using it as your edc? I'm considering a .45 as an alternative to my 19 as an edc but I'm not sure of the weight difference.

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
i was going to EDC my 19 until i saw the 36 at Cabelas. I have previously carried a full size 1911 but it was too darn big. I do however like what the .45 offers as far as stopping power so getting the 36 for my EDC fits the best of both. I get small size for concealability with the beneifts of the .45. Until i can get to the range and send at the minimum 100 rounds down range in the 36, i wont carry it but once i do it will be with me everywhere the law allows. until then, i have complete confidence in the 19 and its 15 little friends. :2gun: :)

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Congrats! There was also a G36 at Cabela's for $499, but it didn't look brand-new. Glad you were able to get yours in good condition.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just noticed that the paperwork that comes with the gun is still sealed up as is the two factory fired rounds envelope. the manual wasnt read nor the warranty paper work filled out? now i'm wondering how Cabelas happened to get an unfired "used" G36? i'm not concerned by any means, more curious.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Congrats! The G36 is my EDC and a LOT of fun to shoot. Sounds like you got a great deal too.

·
Tap Rack Bang
486 Posts
Wow what a steal, someone must have bought it, never shot it and sold it back. if it still have the copper preservative on it you KNOW its a fresh one.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The 36 is a tiny bit smaller than the 19; the grip is just thinner enough and the 36 feels and handles great. The 36 has become my primary EDC (Kahr CW9 still sees some duty as does the old reliable 642 J-Frame). The 19 pretty much guards the nightstand drawer now.

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
10,244 Posts
Gen 3's are the way to go.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats exactly what i did with my 19 and 36. the 36 with two spare mags is now my EDC and the 19 is in the nightstand fully loaded with Winchester hollow points and right next to my streamlight flashlight. For my comfort, its the best use of each Glock

·
i want more!
384 Posts
You did good, Enjoy your G36!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts