close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My New G33

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Alex g30, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Alex g30

Alex g30

http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/0...82/px-assets/2234dfae64b3450fbd8d1d702b91f39d

http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/0...82/px-assets/01d29f83ddf54c5baef7dd312c754d84

I just purchased a new g33 and had true dot n/s installed. I cant believe how compact and comfortable she is to carry. As in all new purchases it was cleaned and oiled and preformed a couple of function tests. As i was cycling two magazines of ammo ( speer's gold dots ) I had a couple of hand ups FT Feed. ( I know it's no measure of how a firearm is going to perform, it's just the way I was trained and has become habit.) I was quite surprised because I own several Glocks and never had a problem. The next day I went to the range with 80 rounds of Speer's gold dot. I fired off all the rounds and had one FT Fire. The round was lodged with the side closed, it was jammed. I dropped the mag and attempted to clear the round. It was stuck. I had to hold the slide and bang the grip with my other hand. It cleared. I inspected the round and it looked good. I used that round and topped off the magazine. I fired off that round and the remaining others without a hiccup. Should I be concerned ? Or maybe it needs a little breaking in period. This little gun packs a hell of punch ! I love it !

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  2. Maine

Maine

I personally would be pretty POed if that happened to me. Ive had 2 G33s and both have been 100 percent right from the box. I will not carry any gun that has had ANY FTE/FTF. Maybe it was the ammo or maybe its needs a little breaking in? Either way I hope it works out for you. Good luck.

3. voyager4520

voyager4520

Congrats on your new pistol! That many hang ups doesn't sound normal to me.

4. bac1023

bac1023

Congrats.

Hopefully, you get it worked out.

5. fsqridah

fsqridah

It was your ammo. I was making some .357 SIG dummy rounds and I couldn't knock the primers out after pulling the bullets, so I dropped the casing in the chamber, covered the muzzle with a towel, and let the firing pin kill the primer. One of them did the same thing, jammed with the slide still in battery. I ended up taking the slide off and the barrel wouldn't come loose because the extractor was stuck inside the case rim. I gave the barrel hood a tap with my bullet puller and it came right now. Sometimes the case rims just get chewed up and get stuck, but don't worry. It will not happen when firing. I've put 200+ rounds through already and not a single hiccup.

My buddy that bought my G39 from me over a year ago managed to get some 200gr Speer Gold Dots that were designed for LE range use (could not be sold as defense ammo for some reason). He got 1,000 rounds for $150 or so, which is insane. Anyway, when you loaded the chamber and inserted a topped off mag (6 rounds), you couldn't rack the slide without dropping the mag. With 5+1 or less it worked fine, but with 6+1, the slide would not come back. He took it to the range and it fired everything 6+1 just fine. He still couldn't get the slide to come back during his range visit by hand, but the muzzle energy was plenty to push it back. It only did that with the Gold Dots he bought, which was weird.

Congrats on the G33. It's a powerhouse for sure. Try running some other hollowpoints through it and see if you have any FTF/FTEs. It could be that your Glock does not like Gold Dots. You also might be limp wristing, which is common with a little snubby pushing 500+fpe. Honestly you shouldn't have issues with any ammo, but those Gold Dots might be from a bad lot or something. Try some more and let us know.

6. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Either limp-wristing or a mag issue.
    Glocks do not need a "break in period". Try a firmer wrist locked grip.

7. Alex g30

Alex g30

Thanks for the advice . I just ordered some fmj Federals and will give it another run.

8. coondog22554

coondog22554 Lifetime Member

Maybe this is why the G33 is being discontinued. :whistling:

9. FinnFanatic

FinnFanatic Stinkin badgers

I have had my G33 for many years now and have never had a single FTF or FTE with any load. The vast majority have been handloads with about 70% ranier bullets and 30% gold dots. It is a rock solid handgun.

10. Alex g30

Alex g30

lol....lol...:rofl:

I'm chucking it up to a bad round.

11. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Congrats! I'm glad you were able to get one of the last one's made :supergrin:

12. DowntimeLA

DowntimeLA

13. Alex g30

Alex g30

14. tango44

tango44

Congrats on the G33, Limpwristing or you need new mags, the other thing is that I will use stock mags or PG2733 extension instead of what you have.
    Enjoy.

15. fsqridah

fsqridah

Get some of these:

[​IMG]

This G26 has a G.A.P. finger rest extension (FRE). Go to www.concealablecontrol.com and you'll learn everything you need to know about these great little floor plates. If you're going to get the Pearce extension, get the one that adds an additional round to the mag. It's the same size as the +0, but adds a round versus not adding a round.

I have the G.A.P. plates on my 9-round mags and they are great. It really anchors your ring finger down so it's not sliding off the bottom of the grip. It makes reloads faster as you have more to grab onto versus the factory floor plate, and it does not add bulk or make the gun less conceable like the Pearce extensions. The floor plates are beveled to a rounded off point in the middle, so they don't print and they make the extensions snag-free. With the Pearce extensions, your shirt can hang up on them due to their shape, but the G.A.P. plates will prevent this.

Earlier tonight I wanted to see if the factory floor plate felt better and/or concealed better. Big NO to both questions. There's just no comparison in helping with a solid grip.

You might not have been limp wristing, but were losing your grip on the gun. Grip tape helps, but it makes carrying it more of a pain in the arse. Get a couple of the G.A.P. plates and see if they help.

16. Alex g30

Alex g30

I can guaranty you that limpwristing is not the issue. All i have is the two stock mags it came with.