My new G30 Gen 3

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 1MEANGT, Feb 9, 2013.

1. 1MEANGT

1MEANGT

Made it to the range today with my new G30. Put 200 rounds of 230gr RN through it. 100 FMJ factory rounds and 100 plated reloads. Not a hiccup.

This is my first Glock. I am impressed with this gun. For it's size it is one of the best and most accurate 45's I have shot. On par with my Sig 1911. The trigger is awesome. Love it just the way it is. Very smooth, clean break, and very short reset. Had some nice groupings at 10 yards after a few magazines.

Installed Truglo TFO sights. Very bright in all lighting conditions. Centered the rear when installing and they are pretty much dead on.

Also installed a set of Talon rubber grips. I have these on my Nano as well. Very comfortable and they don't add girth to the grip. Highly recommended.

[​IMG]

2. Saugus

Saugus

Looks like your G30 and mine are twins. I also have the same TrueGlo TFO sights and the same Talon Grips.

I know you will love it as much as I love mine.

Congratulations!!!

3. Cheeseburger1976

Cheeseburger1976

4. Chicago2VP71

Chicago2VP71

Name sounds familiar. Are you in IL? ChicagoSVT by any chance? Nice Glock.

5. 1MEANGT

1MEANGT

Yes, same screen name. Thanks!

6. 1MEANGT

1MEANGT

Went with the green green. Got a good deal on them and love them so far.

7. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Congrats on making a superb choice for your first Glock. I stopped looking for something different or better after I bought my Gen3 G30SF. Well, except for the Gen4 G30 on order. :whistling:

I'm not a pistol collector, but I understand the urge to tinker with perfection. I've had a lot of enjoyment shooting and training with the G30SF and modifying it with caliber conversions for woods protection.

As a new G30 owner, there may be something that will interest you at the link in my signature line below.

Enjoy your Glock 30 45ACP!

8. JLeòdhas

JLeòdhas Alba gu bràth!!

Congrats on your first Glock. I too have the G30 and I just love mine, its my ccw.

9. 1MEANGT

1MEANGT

Thanks guys! Hoping to make this my go to gun in my collection. Really like it so far.