my new G21SF at the range

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Davidl, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Davidl

Davidl

Finally got some time over the holidays to get to the range with my new G21SF .45. Put about 200 rounds through it so far and its nice!! As a point of reference i have a G17 also (1995 model), shooting both back to back i was very accurate with either, will the .G21sf has more kick to it, its not instrusive at all, however, rapid shooting takes a firmer grip than the G17.

I find this interesting, i have 3 shooting ranges in my area, and their policies are widely different. Range A requires you to purchase a 7 day pass watch a 30 minute video and you have to purchase you ammo from them.:shocked: Range B has to inspect your pistol(s) and if you have ammo loaded you cannot shoot that day. Range C does no checks or inspections, basically shoot what you brought. :rofl:

2. .40 user

.40 user

I wouldn't deal with ranges "A & B" if I were you..:shocked:

Anyway, congrats on the new .45.

3. robertwh

robertwh

Congratulations on your newest Glock! You bought a real sweetheart of a pistol!:wavey:

4. jaybirdjtt

jaybirdjtt

The 21/21sf is on my short list along with the 20.
    What goofy range policies! I hope range "C" is the shortest drive! Just finished reading the Glock annual magazine. They are sure pushing the sf models!

5. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

I can't believe range A has such a strange policy and would still be in business. Ive never heard of any these policies at the ranges in my area. Actually most have signs that say they will check your weapon but they never do.

6. Flipz

Flipz

Is "Range A" called Gilbert's by any chance? I live in Montgomery County Maryland. Its county law that you must buy the ranges ammo, you cannot bring your own. Gilbert's (in Rockville, MD) makes you watch a 30 min video, purchase a week pass (which by the way only allows you to go 3 times in that week, so its really a 3 day pass), and you must purchase their ammo. Its about 5 mins from my house and I will never go there again.

Instead I drive 35 mins to a range in another county that lets you do whatever you want. For those in MD its called MSAR (Maryland Small Arms Range). You can bring your own ammo, and a day pass is $15. You can go in the morning and shoot, then leave for lunch, and come back for more shooting later and its all covered under the $15 (Its an all day pass).

NRA's headquarters is only about 30 mins from me in Fairfax VA. It has a REALLY nice range. But its a little to expensive for my taste.

So in the end I choose to drive the extra 30 mins to go to a range I like. Thats MD for ya.

Oh BTW, the 21SF is gonna be my next Glock. Always wanted a .45 ACP Glock.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  7. bassmaster1974

bassmaster1974

I just got my 21SF about 6 weeks ago and you got a great gun.I hate to hear you have to go through so much trouble to go shoot.Here in Alabama we have tons of ranges(outdoor)and you just drive up and start shooting.This gun was my 1st Glock and I did a ton of research before buying.I held about all the Glocks they make and was sure of the fact I wanted another 45.After holding the 21 and 21SF I knew right then the sf was "the one".Much less kick than I expected for a 45.Congrats!

8. den888

den888

9. zeme05

zeme05

Great gun, one of my favorites and very accurate, Check out my avatar!

10. fran m

fran m

For range B, Does that mean if you brought your gun loaded that you can't shoot that day? As in punishment for having a loaded gun when entering that range?

11. G21craig

G21craig

Congrats, I love the 21sf.

12. Range Rat

Range Rat

Great pistol. I know what you mean about different rules per range. The one I used to go to in SC started putting a lot of pressure on me to buy their ammo. I didn't renew my membership. Buh bye.

13. ronin.45

ronin.45

I'm not familiar with MD law. But if you are carrying a gun they want you to unload it before going shooting? If you are not allowed to carry there then it is still none of thier business if you choose to arm yourself. They are not in the law enforcement business.

14. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Congrats and shoot at range C. The other 2 ranges either are controlled by control Nazi's or have been so full of stupid jackasses who shot like idiots, that they ruined it for the rest of us.

15. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

Congrats on the 21. BTW A and B SUCK

16. cmcinc

cmcinc

Congrats...stick with range C. Good luck.

17. stengun

stengun

Howdy Davidl,

:needspics:

Range "A" and "B"? That's why I have a range at home.:supergrin:

How do you like the SF's frame and grip?

Paul

18. Davidl

Davidl

You get the gold star!!! Yep, it was Gilberts:rofl: On Target in Sevren Md was range-b, and MSAR is range-c...

19. Davidl

Davidl

Yes, but the guys there were pretty cool, so i think after they start to see me there more frequently there will be no issues.

20. Davidl

Davidl

I like it a lot. I rented a G21 about a month ago, and i shot well with it, but even with large hands (xxl gloves) the wider grip gave me a little fatigue towards the end and switching back to the G17 felt more comfortable. Now switching between the G17 and G21sf is not that noticeable...