Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 17 My new G17

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by The Goose, Mar 9, 2005.

1. The Goose

The Goose

Burlington, MA
    I am relatively new to Glocks, I have posted a few times, but my Glock experience really only goes back a few weeks. A little less then two weeks ago I picked up a factory rebuilt G29 on a total whim, now I am possessed.
    Over the weekend I went back and got a G17 with hi caps. Monday I went to the range and put a few hundred rounds through my new G17. Wow, what a great gun. It functioned flawlessly.
    I started at 30’ with 50 rds of Eagle FMJ followed by 50 rds of Winchester FMJ at 50’. My groups at 50’ were as good as at 30’. Groups ranged between 2” – 3” and that was double taps and rapid fire. I was more interested in functioning and reliability then accuracy. After that I pulled back to 30’ and put 150 rds of Wolf steel case through as fast as I could. The gun got very dirty and that Wolf ammo really stinks, but it went through without a hiccup. Also this gun is very easy and comfortable to shoot.
    Last night I filled it up with Federal Hydra Shoks and stuck it in my nightstand at bedtime. This is definitely my new nightstand gun. The comfort of having 18 rds at the ready is very ….well…comforting.
    Living in the peoples republic of MA it is hard to come by good pre-ban Glocks and pre-ban hi caps and I never seriously looked at Glocks for that reason. Now I am on the hunt. I am looking for one of the sub compacts now, a G26 or G27. Although I will probably buy the next really nice Glock that I find that I do not have. I have at least 5 – 6 handguns gathering dust that I can sell or trade.