Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been carrying in my Coronado purse, which is a GREAT purse and has a great pocket for the holster. But I didn't want to wear my purse ALL the time.

So I had been searching online for different holsters, concerned that if I laid down $80 or more, it wouldn't work. I told Scott that I was looking at Tucker Gunleather and showed him a holster there I liked. He saw it and said, "I think I have that one". Well, he does. It fits his 4" S&W, but since ours are the same frame, mine fits.

I put it on this morning, and I think it's going to work. I have it right on my strong side on my hip. We'll see how well this works after wearing it 5 hours or so, but I think that this is going to work. :rollsmiley:

Here's a picture Scott took with his revolver in it:

·
Bullseye?
715 Posts
Deb -

Is that "The Answer"? I'd love to know where you carry it and how comfy it is. I've been looking at one for my Kahr and my G19.

Hope it goes well for you.

:)

Lynn

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lynn, I put this on around 8:30 this morning. I wore it to church. For about 1/2 hour - 45 minutes we have praise music and we stand up and dance a bit. I was self conscious about it, but it was fine. No jabbing me. Sitting down for 1/2 hour - 45 minutes for the remainder of the service was not a problem, either. I DID put my purse next to me, because I just kNEW everyone could tell. They couldn't.

I just got home and it's 2:00. It's heavy, so I'm going to need to get a belt, but it's not anything I can't work with.

I'm very pleased with it. I may change out my grips to the rosewood that it came with as those are smaller, but otherwise it's a good thing. :)

·
GET A ROPE!
37,372 Posts
50% of effective holster carry is the belt, ma'am. The finest holster on a thin, floppy belt is not going to be satisfying.

Wear your sidearm often and in no time you won't even feel it there anymore. Have you thought about what you're going to do for reloads?

Oh, and before you know it, you'll be subconsciously touching your right elbow to your waist just to make sure ... yes, it's still there. :clown: :hugs:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, tous, sir. :hugs:

I do have an inquiry out about a wilderness belt.

Reloads? My honey does the reloading for me. I just shoot 'em. :supergrin:

·
Red Tabby
306 Posts
I've been considering a Tucker "Answer" for quite awhile. I hear that they rule. I just need to settle on a *gun.* Hopefully, that's getting closer, and yeah, I say that every time we try something new.

Beloved Hubby sold my Defender-he got mad 'cos it kept jamming. Even Wilson magazines and factory ammo didn't help. Last time we went to the range and I had to tap/rack/roll halfway through every magazine, he got frustrated, took it and said "It's been four hundred rounds and it still jams on every magazine. I can't have you depending on *this* with your life. Hell, no."

Isn't he sweet :) ? He worries about me because of the job. So, Hubby invested the proceeds, and his now-about-worn-out 9mm Steyr, into a couple of Berettas-a 9mm Storm Px-4 for him and an M9 (military ver of the 92FS) for me to try out. He's been hearing stories of the M9 I had in the Army when I was an MP back in the '80s for years.

My unit got the first shipment of the Italian M9s from Beretta in 1987. I was on TDY when the company was in training, so I missed it, and a directive came down from battalion that all of us had to be qualified by the end of that week, because they were taking away all the .38 revolvers and M1911 pistols. So I get called in to cover the road one day (I was an MPI investigator at the time) and the Top grabs me as I'm heading for guard-mount that morning and tosses me a brand new, unfired M9, a Bianchi M12 "widowmaker" holster, and two magazines. I'm like, "What's this, Top?" He says "Don't ask questions, T.J., just take your web gear with you and go qualify with this when you get your lunch break. The range is in your patrol area, and headquarters company's on the range this afternoon. They'll be expecting you."

Qualify?! I'd never even *seen* a Beretta model 92 outside newsprint! Well, I was just a corporal at the time so I wasn't about to tell the company first sergeant "no." Get this: I qualified "expert." And for the next year and change I carried that M9 through thick and thin without one single problem of any kind. Great firearm. I missed it after I left the Army.

This M9 Hubby found for me is one of the 5000 that Beretta apparently rolled off the military production line for commercial sales last year. It was brand new with the tags still on it. We didn't even know that the military M9 was available to civilians, otherwise we'd have got one earlier. I've never seen one for sale before this week. We took the Berettas to the range today, and I put 100 rounds through it today without one single hiccup. Neat.

Miao, Cat

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What a great story, cat. Thanks for sharing. I hope, roo, that you are able to settle on a gun. :supergrin:

I guess "The Answer" is Tucker's Kydex holster, right?

Mine is the Revolver Texas Heritage.

·
GET A ROPE!
37,372 Posts
Originally posted by crochetmama

No, those are handloads. :supergrin:

A reload is what you reach for after you've fired five at Mr. Goblin and he isn't yet quite stopped, controlled and inhibited.

Speedloaders are harder to conceal than the danged pistol, but they are faster than reloading one at a time.

Scott will know the best way. :hugs:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah, yes. So I got the terms confuzeled. :tease:

We do have some speedloaders that I ought to carry with me somehow. I'll look into that.

·
Red Tabby
306 Posts
Debbie-

Yes, it's the kydex version for automatics of your Texas Heritage. I've seen nothing but good press out of them. But I'm not ordering one til I'm absolutely SURE we are keeping the M9. I like it. But I've liked a lot of tohers too that just didn't work out after a few trips to the range. Still, the M9 does one thing all the others didn't-it points automatically for me. The one I had in the Army was like that.

Miao, Cat

·
Registered
268 Posts
Get the 5 stitch Wilderness belt. Works great.

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
Originally posted by crochetmama

I have the 1.5" Frequent Flyer belt 5 stitch in the tan color. It doesn't look all "tactical" or too masculine. I wear it all the time w/ jeans. :supergrin:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by cnemikeman
Get the 5 stitch Wilderness belt. Works great.
Hey Mike! :wavey:

Scott has a Wilderness and loves it. I'll just be happy to find one that will fit my ample figure. ;)

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by FF Wife
I have the 1.5" Frequent Flyer belt 5 stitch in the tan color. It doesn't look all "tactical" or too masculine. I wear it all the time w/ jeans. :supergrin:
I'm not too concerned with how it looks. It'll be covered by my shirts anyway. I don't think I'd be able to carry on my person at all if my shirts weren't long. :shocked:

·
Semper Fi
7,259 Posts
Originally posted by Cat91
Still, the M9 does one thing all the others didn't-it points automatically for me. The one I had in the Army was like that.

Miao, Cat
The 92F/S / M9 fits me like a glove as well:thumbsup: I need another--have had/sold 2--and have regretted it since.

·
Red Tabby
306 Posts
Try Shoot Straight Florida, Inc. out of Apopka. They show up at all the gun shows in FL and have M9s, Vertecs, and Centurions still new in box.

Miao, Cat

·
1,490 Posts
Deb, I have a great leather belt, from Rafter S Gunleather, for when I want dressy. I also have a Wilderness 5stitch, that I wear daily now, as it is 'bigger' than the leather belt for my somewhat too ample dimensions. It is very comfortable. I can recommend it highly.
--vic

·
Sharon, you will be missed.
26,373 Posts
well, I got to carry for the VERY FIRST TIME a few days ago, and I've discovered I have a real problem. Im VERY SHORT WAISTED, PLUS I have HIPS, so things dig into me in bad spots. Im gonna have to do some research and play around with some different things.

Im glad you found something that works well, Deb!

·
GET A ROPE!
37,372 Posts
Originally posted by Mrs. VR
well, I got to carry for the VERY FIRST TIME a few days ago, and I've discovered I have a real problem. Im VERY SHORT WAISTED, PLUS I have HIPS, so things dig into me in bad spots. Im gonna have to do some research and play around with some different things.

Im glad you found something that works well, Deb!
If you'd stop shoving nachos in your face .... :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

<--- has normal waist
<--- has hips
<--- can offer no useful advice :cowboy:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts