Glock Talk banner

My new carry gun...maybe

720 Views 12 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  fnfalman
This is my new Sphinx SDP Compact Alpha.

I haven't shot this yet since I just picked it up but just handling it and dry firing it I can honestly say it oozes quality and craftsmanship. When you take this gun in your hand and shake it you get...nothing. The slide to frame fit and the lockup of the barrel is amazing and I can't find a single fault in the machining, inside or out. Depending on how it shoots, or rather, how well I shoot it, it will be the replacement for my HK P7 as my main carry gun. I will also have my Shield 9 and my Ruger KLCR for times when I need something smaller but this thing is so nice I'll probably make the extra effort to dress around it on most occasions. :supergrin:

I have the large grip inserts on it and it fits like it was made just for me!
Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! :dancingbanana:

Edit: I was looking for a subcompact but couldn't find one. I think that was a blessing in disguise as I have the little gun niche pretty well filled. Oh, I paid $700.

Regards,
Happyguy :)
Reactions: seanmac45
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· M62/76
14,804 Posts
Congrats- I don't know too much about them but do know they have a solid rep! Let us know how it shoots and how you like it

Reactions: happyguy

· A swamp dude
12,587 Posts
Handsome gun, Happy. Looks like its ready for serious duty. I don't know anything about the brand, but it sounds like you got a very good deal. Thanks for the photos. Enjoy.

· Man, I'm Pretty
32,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I plan to shoot it next week but it looks like a 4-6 week wait for my holster. I'll be doing a qualification with it as soon as the holster arrives. For sure I'll let you know if it lives up to my expectations.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

· Registered
3,497 Posts
Well done, congrats. I saw one at a gun show a few months ago and it was an impressive gun with an equally impressive price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.