Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, my choice for a bedside / home defense pistol has come back in stock. CZ doesn't make every model year round, so often times you have to wait months and months for a specific model to come back in stock.

My new Suppressor ready CZ P-09. I am just starting down my NFA knowledge path, so I don't have my can yet (pictured is one from the shop), but once complete I will probably be running this Gemtech 9mm can, along with my streamlight TLR-2.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That's nice but looks unwieldy. My "bedside" gun is my edc.
Not in the slightest. I can barely tell it's on the gun. Naturally you won't be able to muzzle quite as close to the wall, but the gun swings 95% like the gun does without it.

One of the primary reasons for the P09, is that one of my primary needs on my home defense pistol (after reliability) is capacity with a mag that fits inside my bedside safe. This gun is 19+1 with the flushfit mags, 21+1 with the factory extendos you see here. Home defense needs are very personal. For me, it's all about how fast I can get from my bed to my kids, and grabbing and retaining a reload isn't going to happen. The P09 is the answer.

Fully suppressor ready with the threaded barrel, suppressor height nightsights, and the extendos factory base plates all for $570, or $540 if you want the urban grey one. Hard to beat.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Cap'n! Congrats on the CZ!

Just like you I'm on my way towards my first NFA item, a can. And it's funny that you mention the CZ, as I just picked up my first polymer framed model, a barely used suppressor ready P-07 in Urban Grey this afternoon from a local shop. This along with my (cover your eyes Glock fanbois (LOL)) suppressor ready SIG P320 now affords me two host guns for my future endeavours.

My only issue with these pistols is the cost of mags - holy cow I wish they were a bit less expensive :(

·
Registered
10,978 Posts
Finally, my choice for a bedside / home defense pistol has come back in stock. CZ doesn't make every model year round, so often times you have to wait months and months for a specific model to come back in stock.

My new Suppressor ready CZ P-09. I am just starting down my NFA knowledge path, so I don't have my can yet (pictured is one from the shop), but once complete I will probably be running this Gemtech 9mm can, along with my streamlight TLR-2.
Great choice and nice setup! Wish my state allowed suppressors.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
It's my 5th! I love CZs.
Ya.. $44 per mag isn't that cheap. We have been spoiled by glock mag prices.
Spoiled by Glock mag prices indeed!!

I like the CZ's too! I've got three CZ-52's (2 are mil-surp, 1 is a commercial blued BRNO), a CZ-82, CZ-75BD, CZ-75B in stainless, this P-07, and three Tanfoglio CZ-75 clones, a Witness in .45ACP, Witness Elite Match Sport 10mm, and an early 9mm TZ-75. I haven't yet graduated to the higher level CZ's like the Orange, but if they ever offer a model similar to the 6" barrel Hunter model without the four screw holes in the frame I'd have me one in 10mm fer sure ;)

Just last week I was looking at a new P-07 and didn't think the price was too bad, but I'm glad I waited because I happened upon this one today for $400+tax, though it only came with one mag. I was like WTF Over...the guy who sold it to me swore up and down that when he put it out a few days prior that it had 2 mags in the box, and thinks that one must have been "jacked" by a customer the day before while it was being showed by another employee :(

The shop where I was scoping out the new P-07 earlier in the week has mags for both the P-09 and P-07 so I guess I'll have to make a trip out that way after Christmas, and maybe also look into a holster for it. It somewhat fits the Kydex IWB holster that came with my SIG P320, but I'd prefer a OWB. Have you looked into or found any preference in regards to holsters for it yet?

Cheers!
:cheers:

·
Bird Catcher
2,763 Posts
Spoiled by Glock mag prices indeed!!

I like the CZ's too! I've got three CZ-52's (2 are mil-surp, 1 is a commercial blued BRNO), a CZ-82, CZ-75BD, CZ-75B in stainless, this P-07, and three Tanfoglio CZ-75 clones, a Witness in .45ACP, Witness Elite Match Sport 10mm, and an early 9mm TZ-75. I haven't yet graduated to the higher level CZ's like the Orange, but if they ever offer a model similar to the 6" barrel Hunter model without the four screw holes in the frame I'd have me one in 10mm fer sure ;)

Just last week I was looking at a new P-07 and didn't think the price was too bad, but I'm glad I waited because I happened upon this one today for $400+tax, though it only came with one mag. I was like WTF Over...the guy who sold it to me swore up and down that when he put it out a few days prior that it had 2 mags in the box, and thinks that one must have been "jacked" by a customer the day before while it was being showed by another employee :(

The shop where I was scoping out the new P-07 earlier in the week has mags for both the P-09 and P-07 so I guess I'll have to make a trip out that way after Christmas, and maybe also look into a holster for it. It somewhat fits the Kydex IWB holster that came with my SIG P320, but I'd prefer a OWB. Have you looked into or found any preference in regards to holsters for it yet?

Cheers!
:cheers:
High Noon Holsters has a nice selection for CZs I have thei Fusion Holster for my P07. Right now they have a Christmas sale with 15% off. https://www.highnoonholsters.com/

1 - 20 of 65 Posts