close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My new 07 Harley Street Bob

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by rifle-cop624, Oct 6, 2006.

1. rifle-cop624

rifle-cop624

My dream bike, and my first bike. God, I love her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Congratulations!!! A new bike is a good bike. Hell, any bike is a good bike.

3. nu2carry

nu2carry

I have an “04” Sporty that I bought new and have done some mods on to get some extra ponies out of it (runs 84 HP on the Dyno) Sporty’s run about 58-60 HP stock, so mine has a little pick up and go…I have had a few Sportsters over the years and bought another when they brought the rubber mounts out…

But that Street Bob has definite appeal to me…I am just not happy with my laced wheel though because the streets here in SE MI are just the worst, practically in the country, so my wheel has to be trued and balanced a couple of times a season…

Congrats on the bike! You now own a Harley and a cool looking one at that! Did you set some change aside for some mods? Let me know how you like the ride…My Dad stopped riding a few years ago (just turned 84 last week) and still has his Road King which he has technically given to me but I keep it at his place for those times I want to ride a garbage hauler…

Let the good times roll!

4. rifle-cop624

rifle-cop624

I'm not a big chrome guy, so there are not many additional chrome pieces I want. That's the reason I picked this bike. The black denim paint and the blacked out motor just looks, well.....sinister!

I'm doing her in skulls. I found a shop in Texas that does a skull kickstand, mirrors, headlight and a buch of other stuff, too. I already bought the Harley skull battery cover and foot pegs. I might do exhaust, but the beauty of the Street Bob is that the pipes sound plenty loud right from the factory, and she's got the 96ci motor that just screams.

Hell of a nice riding bike. My only complaint is the controls. I should have waited to have them install the forward controls before I rode her home, but I was soooo excited, I took her with standard controls. I'm 6'3", so I need the extra reach. Oh well, I'll have them do it at the 1k mile service.

5. Cryptoboy

Cryptoboy Sr. Sr. Member!

Very nice! Kindof makes me miss my Lowrider some....sniffle! :supergrin:

I would grab a buddy and put the forward controls on yourself if you could. My Lowrider came with mid controls too, and my wife got me the forwards for my bday, so I put them on (with the help of a friend) in about 2 hours. That's about $150 saved for a different part or two! :thumbsup: (Who am I kidding, that might be good for 1 extra part! lol)

6. nu2carry

nu2carry

I skulled mine out too, more as a metaphor than anything else, simply to remind myself of how quickly I can become one while I ride…I just past over 150,000 miles on motorcycles and I can’t imagine life with out a bike…

I have been riding two wheeled motorized vehicles sine I was 6 years old… (51 now)

Flying and riding are my two great mechanical passions (wife being the number 1 organic one) and this past weekend I got to do hours of both…(mechanical that is)

I put a pair of these on the Sporty:
    http://www.danddexhaust.com/catalog/2005/07/46732b.htm

Fat and sassy sound with a little kick to the performance end as well…

I have the forward controls too and love them for days when I ride a couple hundred miles…

You will have a blast on that bad boy; just remember to drive like everyone is trying to kill you…Because they are!

Let me know where you got the skull kick stand that sounds like a great addition…

7. wolfy692005

wolfy692005 pro tinkerer

nice bike.. i just got back from the harley dealer, i took my boss up to let him look around and got him on a big and he filled out all the pappers... lol he was cussing me on the way home, "how am i gonna explain this to the wife?" i told him he could leave it at my house LOL.. he bought almost the same bike as you.. i was looking at the 07 ultra... i do a lot of long distance riding and my wife got to ride on one of these last year and thats it.. softail is going to go bye bye and hello new 07 ultra..