My Neighbor Asked Me To Take Him To My Favorite Gun Shop Today..............

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by LinuxLover, Jun 7, 2020.

1. LinuxLover

LinuxLover Ba-nan-nah-nuh

We got there and he had a piece of paper that said he wanted to buy a pair of Glock 43s. One for him and one for his wife.

G43.4.jpg

Mind you --- he's somewhat liberal from SoCal and his head has been turned by all the [email protected] that's going on in the US - we even saw some sidewalk protesters on Hwy 93 today going through town.

We're in Montana where open carry is the norm - in town and during every social event there's always a few guys wearing iron. I think that's to set the tourists off their equilibrium - it sure works ---> you should see how big (or squinty) their eyes get when they see a holstered weapon and the cops aren't jumping on the guy as a threat to society.

Back to today's story: his wife and he both signed up for shooting lessons, although he was a BAR grunt in VietNam and his DD214 is sufficient to not have to take the test for CCW.

TBH - his wife always cringes when I'd drop by for a few minutes to visit and I was carrying my G20.4 from fishing.

Oh yeah - they both will get fitted with green lasers too.

Kewl - huh?

(personally the G43 is kinda small for me - but they want to CCW in comfort)

2. 1bigK

1bigK

Gives me hope that liberals can be converted. If only lamestream media knew that their attempts to scare the masses are actually driving more former anti’s to join the pro 2A side.

Sent from deep behind enemy lines in the liberal bastion of Denver, Co.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

Sounds like a win win!

LinuxLover and Jade Falcon like this.
  4. Sechott

Sechott

A lot of people are misguided by the MSM. I believe Patriots like you can be a help to the misguided. Back in the early 90s, I met a girl that hung out with my friends. She was in search for her importance of life, so she became anti-gun, anti-meat. I met her at the mall and we walked and dined together. I offered her to go shooting. She was very reluctant, but after a little effort she took my offer. It became one most my favorite memories. She was a naturally good shooter.

B C, Ohsheepdog, LinuxLover and 2 others like this.
  5. BillKilgore

BillKilgore

Congrats on helping a couple converts. After they have their new guns in hand, ask them "Are you any more evil today than you were yesterday? "Are you any more likely to go on a shooting rampage today than you were yesterday". Help them understand it is the person who is evil, not the gun.

Lt. Donn, RWBlue, Dynactus and 6 others like this.
  6. Glolt20-91

Glolt20-91

Good for your friends who choose to protect themselves, now it's practice, practice, practice... :)

Sherlock913 likes this.
  7. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

I had a few libs whisper the question to me about what I would recommend for home protection , then I said you need to learn how to use the tool and not just put it in the nightstand. I took one to the range and showed them an AR is not scary murder machine and compared it to an 870 tac and the hole size of a slug and buckshot ....

Sherlock913 and Ohsheepdog like this.
  8. oldmick

oldmick

I had a call last night from a woman who took a concealed carry class from me ELEVEN YEARS AGO. She never went through the final process to apply for her license.

She called to tell me that she and her husband would be traveling and were concerned given the events of the day and wanted to ask some questions about “guns” and training.

Now, I’ve seen the empty display cases in local stores and ranges, I know ammo is in short supply but this brought home the reality that people are finally concerned enough about their safety that they are taking action to do something about it.

But I’m sure this too will pass... :)

Ohsheepdog likes this.
  9. nerr

nerr

Hope this translates to realizing that the 2A and other rights under attack by liberals actually are there for everyone's protection.

My son finally got a firearm for his family. He's never been anti-gun and I took him shooting a couple of times. But now he's figuring out it might be a good idea to have one of his own.

He's visiting from KS this weekend and we plan on taking his Walther CCP M2 to an outdoor range. I scored some 9mm so we can break it in and he can take some of mine home with him.

By the way, the CCP M2 with its softrecoil looks interesting. Fixed barrel with a gas piston to absorb most of recoil. The only complaint I heard in reviews is that the gas bleed into the piston below the barrel makes trigger area really hot after a few hundred rounds. Otherwise, good reviews.

10. flyover

flyover

Good to hear that they are going to get some training to go with their new purchase.

Sherlock913 likes this.
  11. MrPizza

MrPizza

G43's, nice choice! I really like mine.
    My wife has been pretty passive about guns, not against them just not much interest. She is now making (lol) me take her out to the field to shoot every week and is signing up to get her CCW course soon. Never thought I would see that happen

Ohsheepdog and G19Tony like this.
  12. doktor doom

doktor doom

Being a firearm owner and politically liberal are not mutually exclusive things.
    I remember a time, not that long ago, where there were pro-gun Democrat politicians. (and pro-choice Republican politicians, for that matter).
    Unfortunately, we have come to a juncture where the National Party sets the talking points and agenda, and the wants of an elected representative's constituents take a back seat.
    I've said for a long time that if the Democratic Party would stop pushing gun control as a big agenda item, they would pick up a ton more votes in the center of the country.

13. John Watson

John Watson

Like Clint Smith said , "All you need to change a liberal to believer in 2A is to get the snot beat out of them.

vikingsoftpaw, Ohsheepdog and pgg00 like this.
  14. LinuxLover

UPDATE:

He got the green lasers put on and I wasn't at the shop to see him handling the pieces as they were given to him.

Later on - yesterday, in fact - I got another 6-pack of magazines for my G20 and the guy behind the counter offered that my neighbor had a bad habit of wrapping his hands around the slide and actually having the tip of his finger over the end of the barrel.

I guess that's a possibility with his long hands and fingers and the smallness of the 43s. But he told me to break him of that habit IMMEDIATELY!

At this time, he has not had any range training (there's a waiting list) - so I took him into confidence and showed him the error of his ways. None of his firearms - except the 870s - have had any ammo in them and he's waiting to do that at his class. Good on 'em I always say. Restraint is kinda precious these days - right?

But he has serious problems with his hands and I'm recommending that he get a larger pistol - more like a full-sized 9mm Glock. He was handling my G20 well enuff, and I think his hands and their condition do not make for a good fit with a G43.

Anyway - at this point in time, he has bought 6 Glocks - all 9mm and I haven't seen but two of the G43s. Monday, we have a "date" to go buy a few bricks of ammo.

9mm and 10mm is in fairly good supply where we go for it.

pittpa likes this.
  15. LinuxLover

PS in the form of a question ---> who sells or makes an extended slide lock for the 43s?

He's having a really bad time field-stripping those pieces.

16. Commander_Zero

Commander_Zero

17. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

I'm impressed you have an LGS with 9mm and 10mm ammo. Congrats!

Sherlock913 likes this.
  18. eman2016

eman2016

Take them out to shoot. Talk to them about guns. Ask them how it’s going. Show them where to get ammo, mags and accessories.

I say this because in Philly they’re starting a campaign supposedly to counter the crime wave. They plan to go door to door asking people to ‘search their homes for unused guns to turn into police so they don’t fall into the wrong hands.”

I interpret it as a campaign to target new liberal gun owners while they’re not fully confident yet and convince them to dump their guns back out onto the market later when the country calms down. I believe a top priority for the left will be to scare these people into eventually turning their guns back over. You’ll hear tons of talk in blue cities about the risk of legally owned guns falling into the wrong hands and hurting innocent people or children. That will be directed at new lib gun owners who haven’t gotten attached to their firearms yet, who could be convinced to part with them. It may not create an immediate wave of turn ins but it might cause a bunch of people to leave them in the closet and think about dumping them next year.

In no way do they want these people to evolve into real 2nd amendment advocates, that would be politically crippling to Democrats down the line.

If you have the opportunity to plant the seeds of enthusiasm for the gun owner lifestyle in your neighbor so they’ll ignore them the pressure campaign to sell them or turn them in later and go back to supporting gun control, do it.

Help them bond with their guns.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    LinuxLover likes this.
  19. DeraldR

DeraldR

My wife surprised me about a month ago. One night after watching the news, she said that she wanted to take a basic pistol course and then get a CCW.

And my wife has not been totally on board about my guns ever since I started acquiring about 4 years ago.

To have her open up about this out of the blue, is akin to being struck by lightening,

Since then we have joined a range,and her basic pistol class is next week.

Orive 8, flyover and LinuxLover like this.
  20. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

I tell new gun owners to watch their new guns. Some guns are evil and go on killing sprees.
    Of course they always look at me and tell me I am full of sht.
    And I go, I know. If someone gets shot, it is the fault of the person who pulled the trigger and anyone who wants you to think different is trying to pull something.