My mother-in-law is getting her packages sent to my house because of porch thieves

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by catman71, Nov 12, 2019.

1. byf43

byf43 NRA Patron Life Member

A paper cutter (like the ones used in Print Shops) have been amputating fingers and hands for at least a couple of centuries.

Nowadays, paper cutter knives (they're not "blades") come down with 500+ lbs of pressure, per square inch.
    Cut clean. Pain free.

Even a dull knife will take a hand off, at the wrist. No problem!
    (Just have to bypass the safety switches on the newer models.)

Jack Ryan likes this.
  2. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

I love it when I hear liberals say people steal to feed their familys.

33 years, untold thousands of thieves, and I never grabbed one who "stole to feed their familys".

They steal to get high, period! This is America where the poorer you are the fatter you are cause the Govt. keeps you in Honey buns.

3. Deltic

Deltic

IIRC this ban goes back to English common law. Landowners used to set up shotguns with tripwires to get poachers, They also got a lot of kids playing in the woods. :frown:

tuica likes this.
  4. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

It is the type of "Public Order" crime that was the benchmark of the Comstock Police plan initiated by Rudy Giuliani in NY...and would probably be investigated by many agencies...but there are a bunch of places too busy and too liberal to investigate and or prosecute these types of really frustrating crimes....this crap is really bothersome and affects your quality of life

tuica and light-switch like this.
  5. Rotn1

Rotn1

Poop and a compressed air canister designed to launch it when opened

pipedreams likes this.
  6. jk_226

jk_226

7. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

I was thinking of the cayenne pepper shells.

8. Tvov

Tvov

Putting out Amazon boxes filled with junk you want to get rid of is brilliant!

Seems like everyone I know these days has doorbell cameras... "ring" cameras. And Youtube is filled with videos of porch thieves, yet... I rarely read of people getting arrested.

Seems like along with the porch camera, people should have a connected "road cam" to catch the thieves license plates.

pipedreams and tuica like this.
  9. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

Big problem is most people are at work during the day and nobodys around except the junkies stealing your Amazon box and the mail carriers.

A hype carrying an amazon box is easy pickings for the copper who occasionally comes by but even then the victim is probably at work and you cant find him to sign complaints. Even if you do, at least here, they don't hold petty thieves despite their 15 pages of priors.

So they are back out the next day stealing the new box you ordered. We compare the Demokrats with the commies but give the commies some credit, these kind of drug users who kept stealing would get a 10 year ticket to Siberia to saw wood.

tuica and Jack Ryan like this.
  10. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

11. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

Our neighborhood association is trying to put up LPR/LPC cameras and regular video cameras after a group of thugs tried to rob a woman walking her dog. They tried to shoot her, but hit her dog. Another woman was robbed and stabbed a few months earlier. Both on a Sunday morning.

With the crime in the s***h*** known as Memphis, you’d think that that the city would allow us in the ROW, but they are blocking us at every turn - even though we are prepared to spend $25k’ish on the system and provide hotlist data directly to them.