·
Registered
4,065 Posts
deleted.
didn't understand the post at first...

·
The Kindly Curmudgeon
3,759 Posts
I lost my beloved Bassett Hound in Feb 1994. Had to take a week off work and a trip to Alaska just happened to fall in place at the same time. Made me wonder if someone higher up was watching over me. I said no more pets. That didn't work out well as I've had two cats since that I've had to put down and then I said absolutely no more pets. Period! Well now I have 6 cats plus some strays. I worry that I'll go first and they'll be without there pa. It works both ways. Dang things, they adopted me, I had no choice.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
She's already nixed any notion of another pet.
I can understand that. We lost our beloved Scottie almost a year ago, and this is the first time in 25 years we have been without at least one Scottish Terrier. There are lots of pets whose elderly owners pass on and they (the pets) get taken to the pound because there is no one in the family left who wants them.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
so hard to lose a pet. one year ago today we lost my wife's favorite cat...............even though we adopted another one we still miss that feisty one.

·
Registered
8,985 Posts
She's already nixed any notion of another pet.
That's not an unusual reaction to a loss. Maybe in time she will change her mind.

Maybe she would consider a pet that is easier to care for. Not an easy situation.

·
Registered
42,570 Posts
Show up with a puppy.

That's the only answer and no amount of excuses will negate that as the only answer.

But if she passes before the dog does...you got a dog.

·
USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)
2,508 Posts
Early this year I too thought I was too old to adopt a dog. I put the question to my fellow Glock Talkers and they overwhelmingly convinced me that I was not. Back in February I adopted a Yorkie and it has been the best thing for me in a long time. BUT: Go slow in trying to convince MIL to get another. It's not easy to replace a dog and she will probably, at least for some time, feel that the her departed buddy cannot be replaced.
Rocky Photo 2.jpg

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Best way to get over a loss of a loved dog is to get another ASAP. You might get her a dog you wouldn't mind adopting when she is gone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts