My moose can run and play near the rainbow bridge until we can be together again

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by rangersniper308, Jul 2, 2017.

1. rangersniper308

rangersniper308

My heart is broken... Again.
    I lost my chocolate lab Moose this morning at 2am. 14 wonderful years doing everything together is not nearly long enough. It seems like only yesterday he was small enough to fit in the palm of my hand.

First his "Big brother" Cosmo in 2010 (p.s. Thank you all very much for all of your support back then as well)
    Now my moose... The hurt is overwhelming.
    He was my child I never had.
    My right arm. My partner in life

I will miss watching you sitting on the couch watching the TV with me. Sitting at the stearing wheel wanting very much to drive the truck... Hanging your head out the window while we were driving, with your nose to the sky, as I was always wondering what you were smelling as your ears were flapping in the wind....

Oh the smiles and laughter thoes times always gave me. Like the times you were carving up the river in pursuit of your favorite stick. Telling me how your day was in "dog speak" every night when I come home. Oh the conversations we had...

All I had to do was put my finger to my ear and say "tell me moose" and the conversation was on... I will also miss your uncanny ability two always figure out which of the Christmas presents were yours!
    :)

Moose I love you more than anything else in this world. Rest easy on your favorite couch tonight and wait for me at the rainbow bridge.

Find Cosmo and play in the stream near the bridge together. Dont chase the ducks buddy! Oh you know what? Go ahead and chase them... It will be fun!!! Then please take some time to just relax in the meadow...

Please enjoy the warm sunny days! Look up at the stars... I will be looking up at them every night thinking about you! Remember Moose to take breaks when it's hot to have a cold drink. Please also remember to tell them you don't like your beef stew too hot!

Moose, run and play and have a great time! Enjoy it brother! After everything you have been through in the last few weeks, You deserve it and God knows you earned it!
    But please do me one last favor...

Moose... please keep one ear open! Listen for me please because one day I will come and I will call for you!

One day... you'll be running or playing with Cosmo or some of your new friends... Maybe strolling thru the meadow or maybe just taking a nap near the bottom a beautiful tree and I will call for you. Please listen for me! It is my sincere hope that you will come running through the grass to greet me! It will be a joyous day!

I hope you give me a million kisses! I miss them already! After our absence I'm sure we will have a lot to talk about!!! I hope we can just sit together and talk... you can tell me everything that you've been up to.

Moose please have fun, but please be careful and listen for dad who will one day be calling for you! and once I find you I promise we will never, ever be separated again!

Please be careful, take care and wait for me until we can be reunited at the rainbow bridge so we can be together again!

Moose you are a great pal. I don't know how I can go on after loosing you.
    You mean the world to me.
    Please be careful, have fun and take care!
    We will all be together again.
    I love you Moosie

Dad

Merry Christmas Moose. Sharing my birthday with my buddy. :)
    [​IMG]

Happy birthday Moose April 24th 2017
    [​IMG]

Even when things were very difficult for you, you always had a smile. :) June 28th 2017
    [​IMG]
    Thank you moose for everything!!! I love you!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  2. El Rayo-X

El Rayo-X

Awww, man. My condolences. They leave us too soon.

janice6 likes this.

3. Armed Infidel

Armed Infidel ~ Old Warrior ~

I'm very sorry for your loss bro... there's not much else in life that hurts worse. Stay strong man.

janice6 likes this.
  4. OMCHamlin

OMCHamlin

rangersniper, your grief saddens me as well, and I imagine it touches every other "dog father" that has ever said his goodbyes to his buddy gone on ahead of us. How unfathomably sad that we know up front that this is the way it's going to be...someday. We who chose to take on the responsibility of caring for a dog, in exchange for the boundless love they give us in return, know that one day we'll all be right where you are, head in our hands, wondering how in the heck we can go on, you without Moose, me without Hope, others with out theirs... Unthinkable, yet it's "unthinkability" chases us as we see our friends slow down, little by little, month by month...

But remember, for all that he was to you, for all the joys that Moose gave you, the "talks" that you had, the delight in seeing him streak off, and come back with a stick and a silly-ass dog grin, remember, you reflected his happiness back to him, every day, you were his light, his joy and his reason to be, so when grieving, don't forget how "swell" you made his life, and smile, and raise a glass to your Moose, as I will...

And someday, when it's time, find another, and share the joy of a dog, and his caring master, again...

janice6 and El Rayo-X like this.
  5. BillKilgore

BillKilgore

Condolences, my friend. It is a gift to share their unconditional love and heartbreaking when we must say goodby for now.

janice6 likes this.
  6. pattym

pattym

Sorry!

janice6 likes this.
  7. Ovid

Ovid

I'm really sorry for you loss.

janice6 likes this.
  8. First shot

First shot

So very sorry for your loss. This is the horrible price we pay for all those years of joy and you're the greatest person in the world love. Time will heal the wounds but the heart will always remember. Cripes, I'm getting choked up, where's the Kleenex.

janice6 likes this.
  9. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

My deepest condolences. I know how bad that feels.

janice6 likes this.
  10. kdj70

kdj70

Sorry for your loss. A good pet is your best friend and it never gets easy. Thoughts and prayers for you.

janice6 likes this.
  11. LandRover

LandRover

My heart goes out to you my friend, I too know the loss. God Bless ...

janice6 likes this.
  12. Rocketsteve

Rocketsteve Army Vet Silver Member

My condolences to you. Take comfort in knowing that you gave him a long and happy life.

RIP Moose.

janice6 likes this.
  13. BLACKDUST

BLACKDUST Mr .Joshua

Prayers sent as our critters are also family , we have lost 2 cats and one dog so far this year. I was told once " do not cry because it's over " smile because it happened.

janice6 likes this.
  14. janice6

janice6

I'm sorry for your loss. I am happy that you have all those good memories of your friend.

upload_2017-7-21_16-22-8.png

Attached Files:

dudel and Taco Junkie like this.
  15. ALDIS

ALDIS

I am so sorry you and Moose are separated for now. You wrote a very moving tribute to him.

janice6 likes this.
  16. MtnBiker

MtnBiker NRA Member Millennium Member

He lives on in your mind. Those times when you think you see his shadow out of the corner of your eye, smile and remember the good times with Moose.

17. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

RIP Moose...we will all be united one day.....

18. rangersniper308

rangersniper308

Merry Christmas Moose. I woke up and just had to see you. It's not the same without you and our Christmas presents together... I'm trying to have a happy birthday today but you and Cosmo were always the best part of every day... Please have a Merry Christmas my friends. I hope you both got a great big bone from santa. (If not don't worry as I picked up a few for you.) :) Play with Cosmo. Tell him hello and give him a kiss for me. Be careful always I'm very sad without you both. I miss and love you both very much. Merry Christmas to my two only true friends in this world.
    :*(

19. fl_snub_noz

fl_snub_noz

so very very sorry to read about your loss.. you touched my heart with your story and im praying for you that you both will meet one day at the bridge