Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, thru data and comments I've gotten from this site and others I've compiled a list of candidates for possible pistol purchases. Here it is:

1) Tied for 1st are the S&W 4043 and the Glock 22. The 4043 has a slight edge because of price.
2) S&W 6906
3)S&W 6904
4)Beretta 8040F Cougar
5)Walther P1

I'm sure by the time I get funds to buy something at least one of these pistols will have to still be in stock.

NO, I've not gotten anything yet, YES I am beating it to death because I don't want to make a choice that I'll regret, YES I know I've posted a lot here but hey, talking about buying something is half the fun.

·
Monkeyboy
6,286 Posts
Ok, thru data and comments I've gotten from this site and others I've compiled a list of candidates for possible pistol purchases. Here it is:

1) Tied for 1st are the S&W 4043 and the Glock 22. The 4043 has a slight edge because of price.
2) S&W 6906
3)S&W 6904
4)Beretta 8040F Cougar
5)Walther P1

I'm sure by the time I get funds to buy something at least one of these pistols will have to still be in stock.

NO, I've not gotten anything yet, YES I am beating it to death because I don't want to make a choice that I'll regret, YES I know I've posted a lot here but hey, talking about buying something is half the fun.
So, when are gonna start another thread on your possible gun buy? Later today? :rofl:

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If not today then probably tomorrow.:whistling:

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Seriously, dude. You should just continue on in one thread instead of making one every 12 hours.

Now, you're already doubting your last plan?

"I don't know, that's why I'm asking about em', in case the S&W 4043's that Mark at Summit Gun Broker has are gone I'll have a "fall back" gun to order. If the 6906's are gone then I'll look into the 6904's, if they're gone I'll see if Mark still has any of the Glock 22, 2nd Gens, if those are gone then I'll see about the 8040F Cougars. "

On this list, I just chose any 1-3.

·
Lean & Mean
15,586 Posts
I'm looking forward to this one and only absolute best deal that You can find out there.
While crossing the fingers I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe, You can collect even more money by holding back for another year and buy something better in 2012.
This year however, just keep on planning and Your new threads are always welcome here...even couple of times daily.
This is already a part of the GT tradition I believe.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
I think we should all donate $ 00.50 to the "By Frank a Damn GUN so he will stop with the repatitive threads Fund." :rofl:

Hi Frank. :wavey:

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
I think we should all donate $ 00.50 to the "By Frank a Damn GUN so he will stop with the repatitive threads Fund." :rofl:

I'd throw $5 in there, if it would get him a gun faster. :supergrin:

·
Long Trail
2,476 Posts

I agree, the poor guy is going to drop dead from the stress, and we'll never know what the final decision was, or was to be.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
In in for $20.........with the terms of the deal being that the threads have got to stop. The worst thing is that i can't help but read them bc i know the responses will be hilarious.

·
Monkeyboy
6,286 Posts
Wait 'til he starts with the ammo choices.:shocked::faint:

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Screw it...just pick one of mine, i'll even pay shipping.

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya'll do know that I have PayPal, right?:supergrin: Donations are more then welcome and would be greatly appreciated at this point in time.:embarassed:

Ammo choice is easy, Federal Personal Defense. Been using it for years, feeds and functions great and all the ballistic tests seem to suggest that it's a pretty good stopper in all calibers. In fact, if I go 9x19mm I've already got 50 rounds left over from my last 9mm so I'd not have to spend money on Defense ammo, just some FMJ plinking stuff.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Good lord...not this again.:upeyes:

·
Registered
29,589 Posts
Screw it...just pick one of mine, i'll even pay shipping.
:rofl:

Hey, I needed that chuckle. ;)

TN.Frank, what sort of feedback or comments are you expecting?

I'd only want to own 2 of the guns on your list ... but it's your list, not mine.

Luck to you.

·
That's a Bingo!
4,527 Posts
Just get the Glock 22.

End.

·
Leonum A Ignis
3,381 Posts
Frank, this most recent plan just won't do!

I think you need to reconsider your choices and rehash for us all the previous threads about possibly buying a Beretta 92, a 1911, a .41mag revolver, a Kel-tec, a CZ-82, or a used Glock. :supergrin:

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Still waiting for ya'll to fork over the cash you said you'd give me toward my new pistol. PayPal is looking pretty sparse there pards. I figure if I could get 35 people to "donate" $10 bucks each I'd be able to pick something up and we can all end this madness. Just saying.:whistling:

·
Banned
12,951 Posts
Maybe you need a crowbar to pry your wallet open.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts