close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My limit fishin

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by okie, Jun 21, 2004.

1. okie

okie GT Mayor

Well I don't know what the hell is goin on but this year my limit
    for catchin fish is 1 freakin fish. I can fish 4 hours and catch
    only 1 fish and every one els will catch a butt load,so I guess when I go fishin after I have vcaught my 1 fish I will just pack up and go home^8 ^9 ;U ;2

2. A_Swede_17_1911

A_Swede_17_1911

Are you just hooking one fish or are you missing some strikes? If your missing strikes, sharpen your hooks, i was missing alot of fish using eagle claw lazer sharp circle hooks straight out the pakage, well i started to sharpen them and started hooking more fish. Also what are you using for bait, i use cut perch that i catch in a minnow trap, depeneding how big i cut em so they dont interfere with the point on a 2/0-4/0 circle hook, i've done really good with the cut perch, another bait i use is just night crawlers i just thread a big gob on a 2/0 J hook, it works good too. I mostly fish small ponds around Ft. Bragg, I do okay but my wife does better than me ;Q, I think its because i give up the better holes, and I might be tryig to cast further out than I need too, so maybe try shorting up the casts, see if that helps. I would try some little changes like shorting up casts, maybe casting to different spots, if your only catching one fish you dont have to much to lose. Again I pretty much only fish ponds some large almost lake size. Ive tried chicken livers and they dont work as good as the cut perch or the night crawlers. I use a 7'Med 100% Fiberglass Berkely Reflex Series Spinning rod, designed for Catfishing with a Quantaum Blue Runner 50 reel, spooled with 20lb Berkely IronThread, and it works really well for the area that I fish. Also is the water temp were the cat fish could be spawning maybe shorten the cast by the shore in the hallows were they spawn, you might catch some more fish. Hope you start catching some more.

3. okie

okie GT Mayor

I am just hookin one fish, no other bites or nibbles;P

4. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

If others are catching fish you are obviously doing something wrong. Pay close attention to what others are doing. Talk to them and ask, most are usually very helpful.