close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My LGD had FFL pulled: Newtown content

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Green Dragoon, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon

Went to my local shop today. This is where Adam Lanza's mother bought her AR15.

That sale was legal. When the ATF went through inventory though, they had found several firearms missing.

A couple of months ago, a shop lifter also just walked out with a .50 cal rifle.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  2. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

One of the few businesses where small paperwork errors can have big consequences.

Also an excellent example of selective enforcement.

3. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon

it was all bad timing for the store. When the ATF showed up because of Newtown, the East Windsor police were there investigating shoplift thefts. One guy had simply walked out of the store on a couple of occasions with weapons and without being detected. :wow:

4. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

Riverview has had legal trouble for a long time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

5. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon

right you are. It was reported that when the ATF did an inventory, there were twelve firearms missing.

6. Gun Shark

Gun Shark

How does one "just walk out" with a .50 caliber rifle or any weapon for that matter? That's one bold thief and unobservant staff.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. Gallium

Gallium CLM

If the FBI walked into any (large) regional office of the ATF tomorrow at noon, after announcing said impending inspection today, chances are they would find more than a dozen guns that could not be immediately accounted for.

8. Gallium

Gallium CLM

I agree completely. After the 1st theft, you would think someone would now put a VHS tape in the antiquated video recording system! :faint: (pure assumptions here on my part :))

9. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

I know of one gun store in Greenbrier, TN that leaves all their cases open during business hours. It's slammed in there a few times through out the day, so they just leave the cases open so they don't have to open them every time somebody wants to hold one.

You could literally reach behind the counter, grab as many handguns as you could fit in your pockets and walk out. Not a single person would ever be the wiser.

On top of that, they leave all of their used rifles and shotguns on racks in the middle of the store. You can pick them up and inspect them at will. They are also about 20 feet from the door, right beside the open shelves of ammo.

I can't believe they are still doing this. I've been going there for over 5 years and it's been like that since day 1. It has since burnt down, but is reopened now. I'm curious if they have come up with a better system now. I doubt it. They never seemed to care before.

10. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

This sounds like every cabelas I've been to... Other than the 20' to the door...

11. sheriff733

Yeah, all it would take is to have somebody in a running car at the door and you could make so much money it's ridiculous.

I still can't believe they've ever thought this is ok.

12. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

I doubt it. They would be accounted for on paper.... Now physical locations are a different story.

13. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

Two years ago, I think it was, the local 'Wall-Mart' of outdoors gear, Gander Mountain, lost 3 , yes, 3 AR-15's by walk-ins that simply tucked the first one under a long coat, walked out....

The gun shop portion of that shop is far in the rear of the store, and zombie-loke workers wandering about aimlessly, NO ONE STOPPED HIM.....

Sooooooooo, he went in again, same day, tucked TWO under same coat, simply walked out...again, no one noticed...

Heads rolled, staff fired, started over...none of the stolen arms were recovered as I recall...

astounding, really....i am out.....I just lit an M-80 firecracker, criminals scattered...:cool:

14. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

Sounds a lot like one of my local dealers....although the staff (normally one guy) is pretty sharp and keeps a close eye on things.

I like the idea of being able to check out a used rifle without having to ask permission every time.

The new and used high dollar stuff is behind the counter along with the premium ammo. But still enough guns and ammo on the shelves and racks open to the public to arm a small Central American coupe...:supergrin:

But back to the original post....yeah...looks like that the agents were on a witch hunt and had to find something, even if it's not related to the crazy guy and his Sandy Hook murders.

15. gatorboy

gatorboy

I would'nt step foot in that store. Forget dishonest, people are too stupid for something not to go terribly wrong.

16. sheriff733

They always have a great selection of the blue labeled Glocks. That's the only reason I go there.

17. droidfire

droidfire

Well, that's a hard one to argue with. Not many stores even have them, let alone a good selection.

18. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

I called mine, last Thursday. I wanted a Gen 4 23.
    All they had was one 36. :wow:

19. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon

Riverview had their used, long-guns like that too. The .50 cal (with scope and bipod), was sitting on a glass counter top. It may have been a McMillan....just as long anyway.

So a guy (with mental issues), walks in, picks it up and walks out. The staff was apparently so busy that that they didn't see.

20. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

Shouldn't be any such thing as a federal firearms license. The shop's biggest concern should be the lost money.