My Letter to KNBC Los Angeles on "ONE GUN"

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by Skunkworks45, May 14, 2003.

1. Skunkworks45

Skunkworks45

Here's my letter: check out their erroneous ads for it, and the story tonight, and write your own letter to them. Links at the bottom of this post.

Dear KNBC news staff & writers:

Your graphics and sound bites for the "ONE GUN" story are ridiculous. Even your tag line of :

"...follows one gun on its trail of destruction through the lives of four victims here in Southern California."

is ludicrous. A gun does not posses the ability to leave a trail of destruction. The use of the word "its" and implying "it" has victims is misusing sentiment to blame an inanimate object. Keep to the facts; horrible people committed crimes utilizing a gun. Instead, you decided to tout a photo of a gun, as if it were a mug shot, with sound bites of people placing blame on the gun? Track the people behind this gun, and I am sure you will find each of these people have tangent "trails of destruction" leading to other horrible crimes, without the gun.

The same night you ran blurbs advertising this story, a man BEAT to death a police officer with his fists, without the use of a gun. You should change tonight's story to "ONE MAN" and follow up on this horrible individual's crimes, and his "trails of destruction".

Ted Bundy used a knife, Jeffrey Dahmer used his teeth, and the man mentioned above killed a police officer with his fists. Whether these people had guns or not, it would not have changed the outcome. Richard Ramirez would have still killed; he just would have used a knife instead.

Meanwhile, another story on your website that is actually more interesting than your "ONE GUN" story; titled "Ohio Woman Accused of Using Bagel to Kill Her Patient".

Maybe you could call it "ONE BAGEL" ?

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/2202090/detail.html