My letter to a local radio talk show host.

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Blinky, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

A few days ago one of our local radio personalites, Tom Becka, was reporting about the Michael Vick case. Sadly he used the opprotunity to voice his stance that all Pitbulls should be outlawed. I didn't have a chance to call in so I shot him an e-mail. I wonder if he'll respond.

I also sent him this as a "part 2"

edit: Damn it, I really should have proof read that better. :sad:

2. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

against mental apathy, please don't waste it on pit bulls, defend guns.

Not that i disagree with your position, but the owners of the dogs are jerks so the dogs are jerks, insofar as the world understands it.

that's the identical lazy brained reaction that gets gun control one more bite out of our rights. *SHOULD* you see evidence that your persuasive abilities have effect, (doubtful but i wish you the best) i'd like to solicit your efforts full time in countering the stupid propaganda about guns.

not to give too much credence to the fears of the sheeple, but insofar as they have a point, it's that the pit bull is rather more dangerous when merely OWNED (without sufficient oversight) than is a gun, because of the element of free will WITHOUT SOCIAL RESTRAINT.

a jerk with a pit bull has a walking hand grenade, and nobody but the hand grenade knows what happens next..

generally it's not the dogs fault they aren't socially acceptable (when that is so) as few bloodlines have hyperagressive tendencies. A few DO have, and those few are more likely to be valued in very agressive breeds, and those traits reinforced and conserved. That still leaves the large majority as sane and trainable. WITHOUT SAID TRAINING, and CONSTANT oversight, there is a social risk of an undetermined size. It's one thing to own a gun, it's another to carry it, it's another yet to carry it around and occasionally shoot off a round or two.. wouldn't take VERY many of those last ones before the neighbors would get excited..

so, defend pit bulls if you please, when we both know you can't defend them effectively without sanctioning foolish owners..

and that won't happen. either all owners of pit bulls, or none..

just like gun control. stupid people want stupid answers. that's how THAT works.

3. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

FYI, he has talked about gun laws, he's pro ownership but ani CCW btw, and I have called in and voiced my opinion on that subject too.

I don't why you feel the need to lecture me about this though. :upeyes:

4. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

Well, I got a reply and it was the one I thought I would get.

My reply

5. pjrocco

pjrocco Rock

Good letter Blinky... There will always be someone to lecture, or force their views on you. No worries, you did the right thing.

Many people won't listen to the truth, or they won't believe it. They would much rather stick with their ways, because that is the easy thing to do. :upeyes:

I would much rather give up all my guns than my Pit Bulls. :thumbsup: