Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
126,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally picked up the Luger I've been talking about for a month or two. Its an unfired Original Mauser Parabellum from the 70's. In all my years of handgun collecting and shooting, I have never owned a Luger of any kind. Likewise, I'm very excited to add this pristine example to the stable. As you can see, it has the original box (with extra mag and cleaning rod), instruction manual, and test target.

Yes, I plan on shooting it. Can't wait, actually.

Any Luger fans here? Anything I need to keep in mind?

Any info is appreciated. Unlike its American counterpart in WWII, I have little to no experience with these.

·
Da Da
7,197 Posts
Nice pics, nice gin!

Congats!

(Now go shoot it! It's almost 40yrs old and still a virgin!)

·
The Resistance
4,058 Posts
Wow, that's nice!

·
Registered
836 Posts
that grip looks hella weird *not the grip safety just the shape
but nice gun bac, you will love it, Mind if i ask how much it set you back?

·
Registered
126,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mind if i ask how much it set you back?
Bac.......

If you wouldn't mind telling us......how much?

hog
Guys, I got it for $1299. My local shop knocked $100 or so off the price, as I do so much business there. Lugers in the same condition are going for more on Gunbroker.

ETA: Prices continue to rise at a steady pace though.

·
Registered
20,760 Posts
WOW, bac i'm glad you decided to pick it up.:wavey:

the gun is BEAUTIFUL!
your pics are AMAZING!

a BIG Congrats:thumbsup::wavey:

·
Banned
474 Posts
There was actually an article just last month in one of the gun mags I read about lugers. The author had bought two of them and was handloading for them. Apparently they dont like JHP rounds. At all. He had problems with both of them. They were very reliable and decently accurate with FMJ though. The author felt as though the sights were the poorest point of the pistol. What is yours chambered in? His were .30 luger and 9mm I think.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Congrats on a beatiful work of art!
It will be a compliment to your incredible collection.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
$1299 and it came in a CARDBOARD box???

:rofl:

Is it stamped with PIMP anywhere??? :wavey:
:rofl:

·
Registered
31,811 Posts
I've always love the luger design. I just wish they made them in .45. I think they made 20 of them or so for the army to test. I just wish the reproductions were in .45.

·
Registered
126,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There was actually an article just last month in one of the gun mags I read about lugers. The author had bought two of them and was handloading for them. Apparently they dont like JHP rounds. At all. He had problems with both of them. They were very reliable and decently accurate with FMJ though. The author felt as though the sights were the poorest point of the pistol. What is yours chambered in? His were .30 luger and 9mm I think.
Yeah, the sights aren't the best, but I only plan on shooting FMJ. Many of the old military designs struggle with HP ammo. The original 1911 did as well. The newer models feed everything, due to some enhancements.

Mine is chambered in 9mm.

99% of Lugers were chambered in 30 Luger or 9mm. Some were chambered in 380 and 32ACP. Only two were ever chambered in 45ACP and are worth a fortune.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
The Luger design is just plain COOL! I have always wanted one, ever since I was a kid in the 50s.

Congratulations on another extremely sweet addition to your incredible collection.

PillBox

1 - 20 of 57 Posts