Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know I've been on a N-frame binge lately, but I've always had a soft spot for .22 pistols, and have always wanted a K22, but just never picked one up. So when I saw this old girl languishing in the case, I had to take a look. She had obvious signs of wear, but the price was right and, as soon as I saw she was a pre-model number 5-screw, I laid down the cash.

She's seen better days, but despite the finish wear, she's pretty tight mechanically with just a touch of cylinder movement upon lock-up. The front sight has a rough edge, and the grips have some character marks, but I'm betting she still has a lot of life in her.

The original box, paperwork and tools were a happy surprise as the tag didn't mention anything about those.

·
20,691 Posts
Beautiful gun,especially with a 6 inch barrel. It's good that it has a little wear so you won't be afraid to shoot it.

Try different brands of ammo, both standard, high velocity and stingers and Velocitors and see what it likes best. also try some different "Target" ammo, like Eley Tenex, Lapua, RWS R50, and CCI green tag and Pistol Match. Wolf Match target is also good and is made by Eley.

·
Eternity: Smoking or Non-Smoking
2,784 Posts
Beauty!

Reactions: RandomGuy

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Nice I need a gold box gun
Just the gold box sell for more that what I paid for my first K 22 Masterpiece.

Awesome thread! Anyone own one in .22 WMR..?
:flag:
The five screw pre models were made until 1957. The 22 magnum didn't come out until 1959.

Post WWII revolvers made in the 40's and 50's by S&W and Colt display outstanding quality.

·
Venor ergo sum
Let’s go Brandon!
5,019 Posts
Very nice. That should be a small game hunting machine.

Reactions: RandomGuy
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.