GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
30,848 Posts
You’ll always be one of us.

Hard to imagine leaving with 16 months left though.

I can draw my pension at 49. I can’t imagine what could cause me not to stick it out for that, and I’ve got 12 years left.
One of the nice things about CalPERS is if I was in his spot you can pull it in 16 months. They call it "pending" your retirement if it is in the last 2 years.

·
AK-74
1,929 Posts
Dave congrats on the new chapter in Life. it is far much better to read that post here with you telling us that. Instead of somebody saying Dave was 15 days away from retiring. And got shot by a thug and never made it home that night.

This is a much happier outcome.

Give that a minute of thought.
and you will be happy again.
24fe4d24af46d98c83eb6e74a3d24095.jpg

·
Registered
270 Posts
I am going to the house. One week ago I turned in EVERYTHING I have ever been issued.

Wish I could have hit the retirement cutoff but it was not to be. I was just 1-year and four-months away from a lifetime state retirement check. That check every month would have been nice but it isn't everything.

This was my decision, I was not fired; no disciplinary action. I chose to do this. My wife is fully supportive thank God.

Hope I can still call you guys my brothers. And hope that I can still post on this board with y'all..

Best Wishes to all of you, And good Luck and Safety to all of you.......

Dave (nitesite)
Contemplate another state job, where possibly your time accrued will be transferred over. Any job, I assume. Now as far as being here, if they let me in, you are I will assume let in the front door, where as I sneak in the back door here, shhhhh.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Congrats, it is a great feeling to retire, especially while in good health to enjoy retirement.

I do hope you had a 401 or 457 so you could take the extra pay for annual days you had built up, and put it in your 401 or 457 before taxes.
Then, in a year or more when you are making less you can withdraw what you need at a lower tax rate.
If you don't put the extra annual pay in a 401 or 457 the higher taxes for that total paycheck will eat up money you could have saved from the higher tax rate.

You may go back after you retire an work full time again, but our state did not pay you but one time for days you build up.

You got out safely, my advice would be to stay out. I worked about 4 more years, like a nut. Working at another state agency after retiring is a better idea.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am going to the house. One week ago I turned in EVERYTHING I have ever been issued.

Wish I could have hit the retirement cutoff but it was not to be. I was just 1-year and four-months away from a lifetime state retirement check. That check every month would have been nice but it isn't everything.

This was my decision, I was not fired; no disciplinary action. I chose to do this. My wife is fully supportive thank God.

Hope I can still call you guys my brothers. And hope that I can still post on this board with y'all..

Best Wishes to all of you, And good Luck and Safety to all of you.......

Dave (nitesite)
I did the same thing in 2005...I am really glad I am no longer in.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
What's next?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: nitesit(+ an e)

·
Registered
CLM #38
10,286 Posts
Dave congrats on the new chapter in Life. it is far much better to read that post here with you telling us that. Instead of somebody saying Dave was 15 days away from retiring. And got shot by a thug and never made it home that night.

This is a much happier outcome.

Give that a minute of thought.
and you will be happy again.
View attachment 835330

Wow, that's a good one. Well said.

https://www.odmp.org/officer/9300-detective-louis-l-miller-jr

Please take a moment to stop and read the above link. Louie was a giant of a guy, loved by all. He wanted to stay until max age. His final years were spent passing on his knowledge to the kids.

I have NEVER seen so many tears shed as I did on the day of his death. It was like the JOB just died.

So yes, GTFO. Live your life in peace.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts