My Kahr goes bang everytime thread...

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by monkeyevil, Sep 10, 2008.

1. mwg27

mwg27

Two PM9's (9093 carried daily and a 9094N on the night stand by the bed) and neither has ever had an issue (both VC's)

Wouldn't trade either gun for anything else...

Attached Files:

2. harrydog

harrydog

I've had my K9 for about 5 years now and it's been 100% reliable since day one. I owned another K9 before I bought my current one and that was 100% as well.

3. lance22

lance22

The photo that you refer to is a Sideguard Holster's "Double Snap". http://www.sideguardholsters.com/

The kydex holster is the BearClaw Holster's "Hidden Asset". Bearclaw is now out of business. An equivalent design might be something from RM Kydex.

4. Lew-G17

Lew-G17

I have a K9 that I have had about 4 years with no problems. I just added a P9 Covert and so far have had no problems with it. Both feed and function with any ammo used including my soft IPSC reloads. Both are factory stock.

5. BrthrB

BrthrB

Over 600 rounds through my PM45 in the last 6 months. Had just a couple of failures to eject within the first 100 rounds...no problems since. My number 1 Off-duty carry gun!

6. ralpho1

ralpho1

Have had my serial number va**** pm9 for years, one ftf in the begining (maybe in the first couple of mags, it was a federal 147 gr) since then I have replaced the springs and thats it, haven't had a mishap since. I just detailed stripped the slide and it's components and all looked well My carry load is the Gold Dot 124 grain +p, and that one has run great. Total round count must be around 1200 . I have a p3at and an LCP, but I can't get used to that idea for the life of me.

7. Kahr Fan

Kahr Fan

Have owned a PM9 for about 7 months, first handgun I purchased and no regrets. Around 700-1,000 rounds and not a single malfunction. The slide and chamber was exremely tight at first but after the breakin period it loosened up. I love how people like to bash kahrs about reliability, but i guess with every brand/caliber you will find some one that thinks they are junk.

8. datachk

datachk

I am a recent CCW convert from Kel Tec. I carried a P3AT 380 for a year or two and then considered the Kel Tec PF-9 9mm, wanting to move up to a more powerful round. I purchased one and it tured to be completely unreliable. I sent it back to the factory after an unsuccessful "fluff & Buff". It was returned with a few updates (metal mag release and feed ramp buff) but still FTF issues.

Thinking it was the ammo, I spent quite a bit of money on different types of ammo but it still was untrustworthy. And that's a problem for a CCW weapon.

I then saw the Kahr PM9 on a recent trip to the GS and decided, after reviewing the favorable comments on the your forum, that I would give it a try even though it quite expensive.

Bottom line: This little lady is great! To date I have put 250+ rounds of various types of ammo through her and not one hickup. She's accurate, reliable and easy to carry. And a nice looking weapon to say the least!

Good job Kahr!

PS: You get what you pay for.

9. Mark G.

Mark G.

I have a K9 & P9 Covert, never a hiccup even during the break-in period.

10. Linux3

Linux3

Welcome to the club. Like a fine Swiss watch.
    I'm an engineer and I just flat out admire the machinery.

11. coverdog

coverdog Platinum Member

Yep, I have 2. A k40 and pm9 that both go bang every time.

12. rcprothero

rcprothero NRA Life Member

Break in of about 800 rounds. Replaced mag release and recoil spring. 1000's of rounds later no ftf. Shoot everything with it. I keep it wet with CLP.

13. detonics96

detonics96

Developed a peening problem with my PM9 after about 500 rounds. Factory service was free and fast. Has been fine since. Carried almost daily and shot frequently. Very happy with my PM9.

14. jsdkms

jsdkms Guest

500 rounds and not a problem with my PM9! Shot all ammo including +P+ !!!!

15. twisterchick

twisterchick Guest

I've had my Kahr K9 for about 4 years now(got it used) and have shot about 800 rounds or more. I carried it everywhere I went. Right before Christmas the spring broke. It's a good thing I practice with 2 guns. I got it fixed after the holidays. I now use my SW M&P/c. for everyday carry and my Kahr as a backup.

16. harrydog

harrydog

:crying:
    The recoil spring actually broke? That's very unusual. Any idea how many rounds were on it when you bought it?

17. mrnuke7571

mrnuke7571

Just picked up my 'used' Kahr P9. It must have low mileage on it as there were very minor scratches on the barrel.

Since getting it, I've shot :
    Hornady TAP 124gr - Perfect (50 rounds)
    Winchester whitebox 115gr FMJ - Weak but Perfect (50 rounds)
    Winchester Ranger SXT 127gr +P+ - WOW. VERY HOT but Perfect (14 rounds)
    Fiocchi 115gr FMJ - Perfect (150 rounds)
    Federal HST 124gr - Perfect (50 rounds)
    Federal HST 124gr +P - Perfect (14 rounds)
    Federal HydroShock 135gr Low-Recoil - Perfect (50 rounds)

Speer golddot 124gr +P ammo stovepiped every 2-3 shots. The gun seems to hate that stuff, so I chalk that down to ammo problem.

Otherwise I love this little thing. Will be great for summer deep concealment.

18. beemergofast

beemergofast

I've had my PM9 for 4 years now. Over 1000 rounds....ball, hollow point, 115gr, 124gr, 148gr,......this thing is "bullet" proof. No FTF except during the 200 round break-in. Not ONE since.

It's my primary carry gun....it fits in the front or back pocket of everything I wear including dress slacks. I never leave home without it.

I love my Glocks (5) and my 1911's including Baers. But my primary carry weapon is my PM9 because it "fits". I trust my life with all my glocks, all my 1911's, my AR's, etc.....but I carry my PM9......it works!

19. lance22

lance22

[​IMG]

Kahr P40 in a SideGuard Holster's IWB. The thing really hides away. Flat, concealable, comfortable.

20. deadhawg

deadhawg

Just another "my Kahr goes bang every time" post.
    After a few failures of the trigger to reset in the first 100 rounds, my PM9 has been flawless. Around 1500 rounds through it now, everything from wwb to HST+P to several different handloads.
    I just bought a P45, haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I'll give a report when I do.