close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My Jalapeños rock

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by failsafe, Jul 26, 2004.

1. failsafe

failsafe

Well I have been growing a few Jalapeño plants every year...For pic-ante and pico de gallo....This year has been a very productive year as far as the peppers go....So as I have mentioned before on drying Basil, I have been trying my Dehydrator out on most everything..
    So ,after BBQ ing Saturday,, I stoked up the Webber Grille a tad, added some apple wood,,,put my peppers on the grille not over the coals which were about out.Closed the vents and left them over night...
    Sunday I retrieved the peppers,,,brought them in the house and dried them to perfection using my dehydrator....Man this stuff is good..
    I can't wait to get more peppers and do more experimenting....

2. Onion11

Onion11 Pluck Off!

3. TxMan

TxMan

for some reason I can eat jalapenos all day on nachos....but when they are in my picante sauce, I don't like the taste of them.

;Y

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

That would be a good idea ;)

5. UCF-Tacoma

UCF-Tacoma Super Member

When do you plant them? I bought some at Kmart when I moved in here in May I think. I don't think there is enough sun here for them. Out of the 6 plants I put in the ground I only got one pepper which didn't taste good. Any tips for success for next year?

6. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Go to a REAL garden center-one that grows their own plants. KMart, Lowe's, Wally World and those places truck the plants in. When plants are trucked in, they tend to not do as good.