close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My iTunes and iPOD issues?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ArmoredSaint, Feb 5, 2005.

1. ArmoredSaint

ArmoredSaint

I have a Sony VAIO PC with XP, 1GB of RAM and etc., how come when I am importing a CD into my drive, sometimes its very quick and sometimes it's slow as heck?

Now I know why I stayed away from Apple hardware and software for so long!

Thanks!

2. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

I've expierenced the same thing. What I noticed was that newer CD's were usually quicker; older CD's were generally slower. I'm guessing it has to do improvments in read speeds that have been made over time. Also, if you have a scratched or dirty CD it will sometimes go real slow or hang; sometimes it just rips with lots of errors.

You might also notice that the songs written on the outside of the rom load quicker that songs loaded on the inner rings of the rom.

When you import stuff into itunes one strategy is to import every thing with a 1 star rating. When discover something with a scratch, change its rating to zero stars. Then you can do a smart playlist to pull out the no stars to be re-riped.

3. JMag

JMag

Hmm, who says it's the Apple hardware/software? It's generally the PC and Windows with the problems in my experience.