My Intro to GSSF: Indoors

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Matt VDW, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Matt VDW

Matt VDW Millennium Member

I went to my first GSSF match today -- sort of. It was an indoor match held at the Black Wing Shooting Center near Delaware, Ohio.

The match format differed substantially from what I've read about here and on the GSSF website. There were no plates, no classes (by either pistol type or skill level), and no timing of individual runs. It was actually more like an NRA Bullseye match, which was fortunate for me because that's where I have some experience. :)

All rounds were fired at a D-1 (tombstone) target and all strings were fired from a two-handed, unsupported standing position after a start from low ready. The course of fire was (to the best of my recollection) as follows:

Stage 1 - 10 rounds in 15 seconds @ 12 feet

Stage 2 - 10 rounds in 15 seconds @ 25 feet

Stage 3 - 10 rounds in 15 seconds @ 50 feet

Stage 4 - 10 rounds in 30 seconds @ 75 feet

Stage 5 - 5 rounds in 15 seconds @ 12 feet

Stage 6 - 5 rounds in 15 seconds @ 25 feet

I shot the course twice, both times with a stock G22 and PMC 165gr ball ammo. (For those of you who might have seen me, I was the guy in a red cap who shot around 11:00.) Next time I'm going to take the G24C. ;f

2. cmzneb

cmzneb

The Indoor matches are structured much different than the regular outdoor matches.

The outdoor matches are a little more exciting in my opinion.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The indoor matches are indeed more like bullseye and PPC. Check www.gssfonline.com for the outdoor schedule.:)

4. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i usually shoot at blackwing and NASR but was in Indy this weekend and missed the match. there is no comparresion between indoor and outdoor matches. i like both but prefer outdoor match. the indoor match is good for keeping your shooting skills intack. you need to shoot 2 out of 3 of the indoor matches to be in for the prizes.

5. Matt VDW

Matt VDW Millennium Member

D'OH!!! ^2

I was hoping to get one of those "Thanks for participating" prizes. ;f

6. vmw

vmw

Matt VDW:

I believe that stages 5 and 6 were at 25 and 50 feet respectivly.

OTOH, what did you shoot for scores? You should be in the >490 points with a X count >40.

As with Bullseye, practice does help. Hardest is the clean D-1 @ 25yd. NASR and Blackwing both have new GSSF-IM shoots before '05 ends.

CU - Vern