Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased a new Glock 23 gen4 this afternoon from my local firearms dealer. Proceeded directly to the indoor range w/ ammo on hand. Coupla drops of Corrosion X in all the right places....and

50rnds Speer 165gr TMJ-no problem.
50rnds Speer 125gr frangible indoor stuff-all good.
50rnds Blazer 180gr TMJ-down the pipe.
50rns Speer 165gr GDHP-like pooh thru a goose.

Each group of 50 broken down as follows:
30rnds, dominant hand, 2 hand hold, 21feet, slow to medium speed (for me), singles, doubles.
20rnds, dominant hand only, 9feet, fast doubles and triples.

Prefer the "0" backstrap option myself. Would like to swap out the serrated trigger for a smooth one, but again, that's just me. (If anyone knows, does Glock have smooth trigger units available?)

Will be replacing the Glock factory plastic sights w TFO's. Front will be fo/tritium green, rear fo only orange.

Well, that's it. I don't presume to believe this is a full 'wringing out' of the gun, but its a start. I'll head back to the range on Sunday w some of the same ammo, and hopefully a box or two of GDHP for testing in this pistol.

Hope someone finds this entertaining, if not helpful.
Anyone in Brandon, Valrico, Lithia area that needs to find a good, honest, fair, and low priced gunshop, pm me here and I'll give ya my guy's info.

**********quickie update, Post 17.

dan

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
Thanks for the review, seems like you are happy and thats what counts, congrats.

·
Banned
466 Posts
The FBI has hundreds if not thousands of them. Great pistol.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
"I didn't know they made +p in 40 caliber."-G4Pres

They don't. I'm mistaken. Meant to say that I mean to bring more GDHP ammo. Original post edited to reflect correction. Thanks.

Dan

·
John 3:16
6,561 Posts
Good report, I have a gen 4 G23 also and it has been perfect since day one.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Since there was a major modification to the Gen 4 recoil spring, if you have any experience with the Gen 3 .40 recoil, please let us know your compairison with your new Gen 4.

Thanks

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pfrank- my only point of reference is some friends have gen3 23's that I have shot. I really cannot honestly tell you I feel a lot of difference. Sorry, not much help.

dan

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
"I didn't know they made +p in 40 caliber."-G4Pres

They don't. I'm mistaken. Meant to say that I mean to bring more GDHP ammo. Original post edited to reflect correction. Thanks.

Dan
Double Tap and Buffalo Bore had some +P when I got my G23 a couple years ago. It's a 2nd gen so I decided not to try it. Good range report. Thanks for sharing. Glock on.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quick update.............
Made it to the range this afternoon w a coworker who just got his first handgun (642 jframe).

Had the opportunity to shoot the g23 after working w him. 50rnds 125gr Sinterfire, 50rnds 155gr GDHP, and 50rnds of 180gr GDHP. Ranges varied primarily between 3yds and 21yds. Two hand as well as strong hand only, no problems. In fact, all in all, kind of a non event.

Next paycheck will bring an order for a smooth trigger, and sights. I'm kinda leaning now maybe towards a set of Xpress sights. I dunno, I'm fickle as a sorority pledge picking a dress for the Spring formal.

Anyways, just thought I'd let anyone interested know.

dan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts