Glock Talk banner

My Goofy Colt HBAR

2269 34
She's a weird one. She's a post Bush/Pre Clinton HBAR Sporter transitional. I'm 6'7" with broad shoulders so I added a stock spacer, 1" buttpad and a Pachmayer grip.

She has the pinned in hardened steel block to prevent a full auto conversion.

But unlike the vast majority from this era she's a small pin variant. From what i understand very rare. Which means that there's no aftermarket trigger groups that fit. She's stupid accurate but has an atrocious trigger pull. And because the trigger group is only surface hardened there's nothing that can be done to improve it. Oh well
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
42,447 Posts
Those are Geissele triggers.

While I wouldn’t recommend it, you could remove your trigger and send it to Bill Springfield for a trigger job.

Personally, I’d mill that darn block.....what trigger did you try to install?

· Premium Member
42,447 Posts
Those rifles with the receivers blocks never were super collectible. On a good day, you might $1250 out of that model 6601.

Your gun, your call.

· Premium Member
42,447 Posts
One fellow said that he could press the pins out with hydraulic pressure leaving the block intact....

1st off, find a new gunsmith, because that guy will ruin your rifle.

The Colt sear block is a press fit, so it’s rather tight. The PINS, yes, plural, are installed & pressed in from each side. The sear block is does NOT have a hole machined all the way threough for the pins. This prevents a gunhack from simply pressing the PINS from the receiver, releasing the block.

DO NOT attempt to press the pins out with a press, it WILL ruin the receiver.

· Premium Member
42,447 Posts
Last piece of advice I’ll give on this.

Do some research for yourself. This “drill and press out” idea has been tried in the past and it has failed. Only safe way is to have it milled out from the inside. Your rifle, your money, your project.

Best of luck to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.