close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My Glocks for GSSF / next match.

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by mike g35, Sep 10, 2011.

1. mike g35

mike g35

Well after building multiple raceguns and buying ALOT of "stock" guns here is a pic of the Glocks I plan on shooting in my matches for the forseeable future. I thought that after everyone had helped me so much with my guns and my shooting I could at least share a pic with you guys. I decided to shoot a stock G22 in CivAm, a stock G24 in Comp., and my G22 racegun in UL. I have a stock G26 I could shoot in Sub. but I am better with the standard frame Glocks. Thats most likely because I just got the G26 today though. I also have a G34 racegun for UL but I shoot my 40's better than my 9's. Thanks to everyone for your help. All I have left to do now is practice practice practice. Thanks again guys, I hope to see some of you in Lexington, Mike

2. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

They look good Mike. On your G22 race gun is it an RTF2 Frame? Its hard to tell from your pic. I shoot all 9's for GSSF, at least until my gen 4 21 gets here.

I just picked up a police trade in G17 for $375. It must have been a desk jockey's gun because it is flawless. Not even a glock smile on the barrel. Ill be using it as my lower in the Lexington match because it has a nicer trigger than my 34 (zero creep, less overtravel, and shorter reset). I run one lower for comp and civ, and just switch between the 34 and 17 slide. Keeps the trigger as consistant as possible.

3. mike g35

mike g35

Yes thats an RTF2 frame. I bought the RTF2 G22 for CivAm and decided to use the RTF frame and the regular slide on my racegun and the regular frame and the RTF slide on my CivAm "stock" gun. I thought the "gill" serrations would give the stock Glock a litttle flair. Sounds like you have quite a nice set-up yourself.

4. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

Yeah they are nice, but all stock except for warren sevigny's on the 34 and 17. My 26 is stock except i have the rear sight turned around so its all black. I had a 17 rtf 2 upper, but decided to sell when i bought the police trade in. I figure its better to have 3 guns instead of 2 1/2.

Ill see you in lexington, I'd like to get a better look at your 34 race gun and maybe run some of my 147gr reloads through it. ;)

5. mike g35

mike g35

Cant wait, see ya there!!!

6. SARDG

SARDG

Hey Mike... take all your winnings at the next match and buy a decent camera, will ya? :supergrin:

7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Forget the camera, forget the photos, forget boasting on your collection. Concentrate on shooting. It is low scores that impress GSSF'ers. Performance counts!

8. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

Oh Danny, isn't a guy allowed to have a little Glock Envy?

I've been practicing when I can.:grill:

9. mike g35

mike g35

I am absoluetly concentrating on my shooting but since I have asked 50 thousand stupid questions about rules, guns, and god knows what else I was thinking some of the guys that helped me may want to see what I ended up with. Didn't you notice how tame my G22 racegun looks? I basically built it so I could enjoy the benefits of shooting a racegun but not look like I'm trying to show off. Danny you missed my point my friend. This thread is purely a thank you to you and the others that have helped me. There's a reason I haven't been posting new threads lately, I have no more questions. All I need to do now is practice and show up at matches.

10. mike g35

mike g35

Winnings...you must be kidding. Unless they pay for crappy scores!!!!:rofl:Sorry mam, thats the downfall of using a camera thats on your cell phone.:tongueout:

11. SARDG

SARDG

They do... and they call them Random Awards. :shocked:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  12. PM720

PM720

Well, that explains how I got my $50.00 check!! :crying::rofl:

Scott

13. mike g35

mike g35

That would require luck, I've been running short on that lately.:faint:

14. ede

ede Bama's Friend

mine's bigger than your's

15. mike g35

mike g35

:rofl:You got that right, holy crap thats alot of Glocks!!!! I have a pic thread up in general glocking put your pic on it. That is unbelievable. And at least now I don't feel bad for owning the few I do. Awesome Ed, simply awesome.:cool::cool:

16. deeHKman

deeHKman "It Is Written"

Mike thanks for the pics, i think it's a class act to thank people for the help and knowledge you gained. I post here very little for other reason's. :whistling:

17. mike g35

mike g35

Thanks, I think its only right if a new shooter (like me) gets good advice from the masters on here they should at the very least say thank you and let the guys and gals that helped them know how they and their equipment ended up. Bad comments come in one ear and go out the other when it comes to me. Some people just don't know when I'm saying thanks and when I'm showing off and believe me thats my own fault. But for those of you that have talked to me recently you know my"showing off" days are long over with. All I want is to shoot competitions and make friends with people who share my interests.

18. deeHKman

deeHKman "It Is Written"

:agree:but you cannot blame yourself for a rude, childish comment from a person face to face or even a gun forum famous for such behaviour that's on their head. I for one see not one bit of show off here. Some comments should be done my PM!! You've helped me alot so many thanks there, soap box off...:wavey:

19. mike g35

mike g35

No problem, thats what its all about my friend.

20. GlockinRandall

GlockinRandall Member

Mike, I like your UL gun. That's what I originally wanted mine to look like. I started buying stuff and was impatient to get it together, so I bought what was in stock and ended up with what I now call my ohio state themed contraption. I think its cool that you're thanking people for help. It's nice to give help and nice to receive help too, im thankful to anybody that's ever tried to help me. I didn't think you were showing off, maybe I missed something. Now, if your Ede and you photoshop pictures to make sure his collection looks bigger, now thats showing off! LOL. Just kidding Ed, and i hate to admit it, but in this case at least, Ed's is bigger than mine.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011