My Glock P9M

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by chewbackup, Jul 17, 2018.

1. chewbackup

chewbackup

Hello to all, haven't been posting actively for a little while - but am still a serious Glock collector through and through! I am at a crossroads in my collection because I have accumulated some of the most rare guns, and as some of you may remember from my previous posts, I have an extremely rare P9M that I have enjoyed for years.

I have been kicking tires, self debating on which of my collection needs to move on in order to make room for other items, I believe I am finally ready to start with the P9M. Many of the members here have contacted me privately with unsolicited offers, some rather decent. My biggest issue with parting out some of my collection is being fair to fellow serious collectors here on glocktalk, I don't want to snub anyone, however I would also like to get a good return on the investment. I have done the gunbroker route on many occasions before, I just don't like the hassle and the unknown personal factor of dealing with the auction, but the price usually gets driven to max value through auctions.

I guess I am looking for input from you fellow collectors, on what many of you think is advisable equitable method to start thinning out my herd of rare guns?

2. littletank

littletank

I personally wouldn't know the value of the P9M but I'm sure other would some sort of idea.
    Make sure to post pics here of the ones you're thinking of letting go because I'm sure myself and others will he interested.

3. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Staff Member Moderator

I'm going to be the stick-in-the-mud and remind everyone that we can't do any selling/offers/dealing in this forum. As long as this thread stays on the topic that the OP has stated ("I guess I am looking for input from you fellow collectors, on what many of you think is advisable equitable method to start thinning out my herd of rare guns?"), then we'll be fine. I'll remind folks that the Conversation/PM system is always a good option for other discussions, if the person you want to talk to has it enabled.

Thanks, folks.

4. chewbackup

chewbackup

Yep, I'm not looking to sell it here in the conversation, just want to discuss a fair way to deal with rare guns to fellow collectors

glockhoarder and DJ Niner like this.
  5. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Staff Member Moderator

Any idea of how many of those P9M models there are in-country?
    I've never seen one in private hands.

6. michael_b

michael_b Elementary, my dear Watson.

What is the story behind a Glock P9M?

B C likes this.
  7. chewbackup

chewbackup

My best guess on total number of guns in the US is less than 10. I have only seen 2-3 change hands many years back privately, and the only other one I verified the serial number was a few numbers away from mine.
    It is a gen 2 gun,
    No Smyrna marks, strike out on grip from BSTu German military State Police. It was specifically made for the German GSG 9 anti terrorist unit, designed to be fired in/out of water. Has a special red extra power spring, maritime cups, lanyard, drilled magazines.

It is the only factory made Glock model, that doesn't conform to their base model numbering system, it is based on a Glock 17.

It was imported by SSME Deutsche waffen inc
    PLANT CITY FL. Some time In the early 2000's

michael_b likes this.
  8. chewbackup

chewbackup

9. chewbackup

chewbackup

10. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

Unsure how to suggest that you proceed OP. The collectible guns that I like are Belgian FALs and Finnish Valmets and those are niche enough that I feel like many of the highly-collectible variants tend to change hands within a relatively small group (ex: folks on FALFiles) of ppl acquainted with one another. While usually expensive when they do change hands, it may not be for the insanely high amount that an auction may bring. There are a few rifles that I’ve been looking for for ages and they are so rare that I never encounter them on the market but friends I’ve made on the forums that have one of those particular models have assured me, “it’s yours when I decide to sell.”

11. chewbackup

chewbackup

This was an old pic, someone stole of mine in a wtb add. When I have time, I will pull it out and repost some fresh pics for you guys. My old Photobucket is dead, so the pics I had are gone

12. michael_b

michael_b Elementary, my dear Watson.

Thanks for the info!

13. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

My 0.02...

I'm late to this thread but...

I know that I'm one of the collectors who PMd you long ago. I'd guess that you've already received PMs from others here based on your post - now to include a PM from me.

I don't know how many were imported but I think it's far more than 10. For a brief time when that company was importing them they were being sold for about the same price as regular Glocks. Don't know how many were imported as they're not around any more - I've tried to contact them. I was not collecting Glocks at the time (UGH!) but I remember seeing them around. A few others here have them. Based on discussions with folks who were collecting Glocks at the time there were quite a few on the boards, etc. for a brief time.

As far as I can recall, they were imported much like some of the other Austrian marked guns when demand outstripped supply due to anti gun sentiments scaring gun owners. They helped fill the gap.

No idea what one is worth as I've not seen one sell recently.

When I've sold rare Glocks I've generally reached out to folks on GT to sell or have sold to folks who have PMd me on GT asking about various guns. Not only does this spare me the hassles of selling online, fees, crazy buyers, etc but I know that my rare gun is going to a good home where it will be appreciated. I also like to help out my follow collectors here as many on this forum know from my public posts and my private dealings.

Just out of curiosity, what other rare Glocks do you have (if you want to say).

14. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

I should add....

I have a collector friend in Austria. His father has a P9M as well. They were sold over there for a while. I don't know how many. I assume they were sold in Austria and Germany as Govt surplus. That would be German govt. surplus. I don't think that the Austrian military or govt sells surplus guns to civilians. I'm told that there is only 1 or 2 P80s - of the 25K made - in civilian hands in Austria.

15. chewbackup

chewbackup

I had tried a while back to no avail to contact the importer as well to see what number they actually brought in, they were long gone. I haven't seen any in years trade hands, or pop up.

Oddly when I bought mine on GunBroker years ago, the dealer had no idea what he had, and had it listed as just a plain Glock 17 gen 2 in the title! I was looking at pics, and was like WTF, it is a P9M! No one else bid, and I was super pumped!

16. chewbackup

chewbackup

17. chewbackup

chewbackup

Even has full original label!

Attached Files:

18. chewbackup

chewbackup

19. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

What an absolutely incredible score that was. As they say luck favors the prepared.

I know a few folks on here that have gotten things like gen 1 17 L that was just advertised as a 17L and so forth. I've yet to be so lucky but I'm always looking.

It really is amazing that the seller didn't realize it that was not a regular 17.

It's also pretty amazing that more people didn't realize what it was. However if it wasn't advertised as a P9M I suppose not nearly as many people actually looked at the auction.

Does it seem like it's been fired much?

Did it come with a manual?

Thanks for the great pics.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  20. chewbackup

chewbackup

It didn't come with a manual, but that is easy to replace I suppose. It is in excellent condition, the finish is the best I've seen of the examples I've seen offered. I doubt it was fired much at all because the red spring still has it's coating and the breach face is great. I would definitely say it was never carried or fielded by the looks of the finish.

glockhoarder likes this.