My glock is more accurate than me...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ricky_arthur, Mar 24, 2010.

1. ricky_arthur

ricky_arthur

My glock is more accurate than me...It's a nice problem to have.:supergrin:

After forgetting the allen wrench to adjust the laser on my Tlr-2 yesturday I went back out to the range to finish sighting it in. Conditions were not great as it was windy.

One thing suprised me, I was shooting a new "plinking load" berry's 165 gr plated. I shot them for the first time yesturday and my first impression was that they were not as accurate as the 155gr hbrn Berry's I had been loading. But thats what I took along for sighting in, since my HD round is a 165gr.

It took about 6 shots to get it on the bullseye and then it shot a nice group. So I tried another target. I set it out at 30 feet, put down a couple sand bags, sat at the bench, turned on the laser, got comfy and started taking up trigger...and the wind blew my target over. walked back and set it back up with a sand bag to hold it in place. Got all set up again and just as I was about to break the trigger it blew over again. :steamed:

I put a second sand bag on the target and went back for a third try. I could still see the box rocking like it was going over and I rushed the first shot and pulled it low. Then it hit a momentary calm and shots 2,3and 4 went into the same hole :wow:. Those 3 shots could have been covered with a nickel. The wind came back and I finished the magazine (14 rounds)and was super impressed with how this new G-22 shoots.

[​IMG]

With the laser and sand bags It will flat out shoot. Which tells me it's capable of shooting better than I can. More work to do.:supergrin:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  2. G20gunner

G20gunner

That is some excellent shooting!!!! What powder were you using? Did you mean Berry's bullets, instead of Barry's?
    I've got a Glock 20 and 21sf and both are very accurate. I just had the 21sf out yesterday and could get a ragged hole at 15yds.
    Once again, excellent shooting, ricky_arthur:supergrin:.

G20gunner:wavey:

3. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

My best rested(not a great one at that) group with my G23 @25 yds and 5 Win 180 bonded jhp's was 1.6 inches and I'm no trigger master
    2+ inchers are common
    I think it can do better

4. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

BG don't wanna see that laser on his chest :cool:

5. Jakemug

Jakemug

Uh oh, I see a flyer :tongueout: Seriously, nice work

6. ricky_arthur

ricky_arthur

Thanks, and Yes I did mean Berry's and I changed it.

Thats the other thing that suprised me. The powder was some old (like old metal cannister stuff) Bullseye that a friend was trying to use up, so he gave me about 3 lbs of it to use for plinking ammo. The brass was mixed headstamp and I was using up some rem 6 1/2 SR primers, adding all that up I was not expecting any accuracy from this load. I'm thinking that if I put some effort into it I can do better. If I get a calm day in the next day or 2 I'm gonna try some 50 yard groups just for fun.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  7. CC Glock

CC Glock

Every gun i have ever owned has been able to outshoot me.

8. ronin.45

ronin.45

+1 :supergrin:

9. Tommy Kelly

Tommy Kelly

Most guns will shoot better than I can. But I'm satisfyed with my shooting most of the time. I can usually shoot a clip full of ammo into about a 2" group at 25 yds with my glocks. I have never shot a group at 10 yds. I'm just a plinker and never shoot at a given range. I may have one shot at 10 yds and the next at 60yds. But I am satisfyed with my shooting most of the time. Give me a rifle and scope and I expect perfection but with a handgun I do ok. I have burned up a bunch of powder in my lifetime to get where I am today. I am really amazed at how accurate handguns are when you do your part. I was always a rifle shooter and didn't shoot pistols much and when I did and hit close that was all I thought you could expect out of a short bbl gun. Then when I got to shooting handguns and learned how to shoot them right. I have a new respect for them now.

10. ricky_arthur

ricky_arthur

Sounds like what I am going through.:supergrin:

11. ricky_arthur

ricky_arthur

I left the sand bags at home yesturday and spent about an hour and a half practicing from 10 to 30 yards. 95% without the laser and mostly 25+ yards. Now I gotta go hit the reloading table again.[​IMG]
    I did find out one thing, My 27 loves the 165gr berrys too, but my 23 with the LONE WOLF BBL (stock bbl ran them fine)would not feed them. 2-4 stoppages per mag.[​IMG] Guess I'll have to find another bullet.
    I guess i'd better post a pic of a 30 yard target just to be fair. It's not as pretty as the 10 yard one.[​IMG] It is stitting, without sandbags.
    [​IMG]