close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My Glock 27 is "hard".

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Lightsped, May 16, 2002.

1. Lightsped

Lightsped peon

I was issued a G27 for backup carry a few weeks ago. The gun is brand new. I have noticed that it is quite difficult to rack the slide/chamber a round with a full magazine in place. Its simple to rack without a full mag.

My issued G22 and my other guns do not have this problem. Any ideas?

2. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

The mag spring is new and stiff. Go practice with the gun, keep the mags full in between range sessions. It'll soften up.

Koski

3. badbilly429

badbilly429

the glock 27 is like a fine wine, it only gets better with age and feeding it as much ammo as you possibly can!

4. thin blue line

thin blue line

You can speed up the process by taking apart the mag and removing the follower. compress down the mag spring on a table top so it is completely compressed flat and hold for about 30 seconds (protect your eyes because the mag springs do get away from you) do this two or three times, put mag back together and you should be able to load a full 9 with 1 in the pipe and rack and cycle without problems.

Did this with all my new mags and they now work very well.

Then of course you can send me your new mags and I will send you my now well broken in ones in trade :)

5. Hi_Cap_Glock

Hi_Cap_Glock

Koski was right - I have found that if you load the mags and let them sit for about a week that the springs will soften enough to rack the slide a lot easier. FYI I usually fill new mags for a week or two before I ever attempt to use them.