close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My Glock 21

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Tom in Ohio, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Tom in Ohio

Tom in Ohio

Here's some pictures of my Glock 21. I did all the work myself.

Truglo TFO green/yellow sights, Ghost 3.5 Rocket, $0.25 trigger job, LWD extended mag release, Wolff extra power trigger spring, Wolff reduced power firing pin safety plunger spring, grip reduced and stippled.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for the 1911 fans: this is my custom Springfield 1911. I did all the work on this one too - including checkering - but it is too much to list.

[​IMG]

2. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

:) Nice! (You are, obviously, a very patient person.) Stippling is hard; but checkering is much more difficult. Good job on both! ;)

3. army_eod

army_eod US Army Retired, EOD, PM, PMP

How do you do grip reduction? Can you do without stipple?

4. Tom in Ohio

Tom in Ohio

I did the grip reduction by first removing the "checkering" on the front and back straps with my dremel and a small sanding drum. I also sanded down the ledges on either side of the grips.

I then filled the cavity where the trigger housing unit goes with play-do.

Then I blocked the "U" shaped cut-out in the rear of the magazine well with a tongue depressor. Make sure you put something on the tongue depressor to keep in from sticking to the expoxy you will pour into the grip cavity. Cooking spray will work. I used the stuff that came in the Acraglas kit.

Then fill the grip cavity with epoxy. I used Acraglas and would not recommend it. It makes bubbles when it cures and is messier due to it being a liquid. It also melts at a MUCH higher temperature than the Glock frame material and made my stippling look inconsistent.

I would recommend a 2-part epoxy putty stick like JB Weld or PC Marine.

Once it hardens you can then sand it to shape using a dremel tool, belt sander, or whatever. Just be very careful that you don't remove too much material and sand through the magazine well.

Once you are done, you don't have to stipple it, but you will need to do something to make it look decent. Some people will "paint" the grip with truck bed liner or marine non-skid to add a gripping texture. I suppose you could use sand paper and get down to around 1500-2000 grit and make the grip perfectly smooth. Or, you can stippled the grip using a soldering iron or a wood burner.

You will then need to refinish the frame so the colors match. I used Alumahyde II from Brownells. Duracoat is probably the best product out there though.

I would recommend buying a cheap airsoft gun to practice on first.