Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long wait, my Glock 17 Gen 4 OD Green is finally here. Picked her up early this week but haven't been able to make it to the range yet. Can't wait to shoot this new glock.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
Congrats!:cool:

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Sweet. Everyone should have the original.

Sadly I am still in search of a good deal on one.

It kills me that many of the sellers on armslist.com in my area think a Gen 2 Glock 17 is worth $500. :wow:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Congrats on your OD G17! I have a G22 gen4 in OD green and the color is fantastic! I just recently shot it for the first time with a total of 100 rds of fmj (50 rds of tula & 50 rds of Winchester white box). 100% reliability! However, I did have 3 casing to the face using the 180gr tula(one went inside my glasses, ouch!:steamed:), no issues with the Winchester 165gr.- ejects very well!:cool:

·
Registered
59,811 Posts
Very nice addition. Do not forget some sunscreen on the OD when it is outdoors for extended periods.:supergrin:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats on your OD G17! I have a G22 gen4 in OD green and the color is fantastic! I just recently shot it for the first time with a total of 100 rds of fmj (50 rds of tula & 50 rds of Winchester white box). 100% reliability! However, I did have 3 casing to the face using the 180gr tula(one went inside my glasses, ouch!:steamed:), no issues with the Winchester 165gr.- ejects very well!:cool:
Thanks for the feedback...I've done tons of research about steel cased ammo and everything tells me is OK to use but not completely sold. How long have you been running steel case ammo in your Glocks?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice addition. Do not forget some sunscreen on the OD when it is outdoors for extended periods.:supergrin:

Will remember to pack some sunscreen in the range bag from now on. LMAO

Thanks everyone for all of your comments!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Thanks for the feedback...I've done tons of research about steel cased ammo and everything tells me is OK to use but not completely sold. How long have you been running steel case ammo in your Glocks?

I have used cheap steel case ammo many times in the past because of price & availability of ammo, & never had any big issue with them, all my glock eats them well. However, this was the first time I had 3 cases hitting me in the face, but it was the first time I shot my new G22. The other thing is that it seem to make my gun dirty & cleaning the barrel takes a little longer. Maybe I will try frog lube & coat the inside of the barrel!:cool:

·
getcha suma dat
247 Posts
hey brother, it's a beauty of a pistol. I have a g4 od17 also. In fact i just got back from the range with it. What a sweet experience. I did some work. I especially like this one because it's the only pistol of mine that after thousands of rounds through it i haven't had any type of malfunction what so ever. Oh btw, i grew up in Baltimore. Have fun with your new blaster.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts