Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,163 Posts
Very nice........be careful! You just may lose that carbine!

·
Inactive/Banned
3,554 Posts
How's her shoulder feeling today?

Congratulations.

Sent by psychic paper from the TARDIS.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I don't know what it is but my girlfriend held my ar the same way.I had to show her videos of her shooting and of me for her see and understand what I was trying to tell her.But like someone else said I lost my 1978 car to her but that's ok i have my 6920 and because she actual likes going with me in nice weather to the range.I have been shooting more this summer because she likes it.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
936 Posts
Yes, She is very new to shooting. I plan on working with her. Thanks for watching!
Don't take this the wrong way but 'working with her' should have started before she ever pulled the trigger on a live round. That stance should not have been allowed unloaded let alone after you go hot. It's best to teach the form before you let shoot so that it doesn't 'feel weird' after they've shot like that for a while. Safety and proper mechanics are important before a live round is ever fired and critical to forming good habits. Don't do her a disservice but allowing her to shoot like that simply because it's her first time.

Other than that, good job getting her behind a fantastic rifle system. Keep it up and drive him safety and form as it will pay off for the rest of her life.

·
Who?
7,957 Posts
Why do woman always lean back?
Balance. Women tend to be more front/top heavy than men do, and getting a shoulders-forward stance behind a firearm requires more effort on their part to hold steady. As a result, they tend to lean back more to keep from falling forward.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I don't know what it is but my girlfriend held my ar the same way.I had to show her videos of her shooting and of me for her see and understand what I was trying to tell her.But like someone else said I lost my 1978 car to her but that's ok i have my 6920 and because she actual likes going with me in nice weather to the range.I have been shooting more this summer because she likes it.
I ran out of breath reading this.

I can't believe everybody remained civil.

My girlfriend has no interest in long guns, but really liked shooting a crossbow. Go figure.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
29,767 Posts
OP;

Not trying to beat you down, but I agree that it is much, much better for a new shooter to learn the basics of stance, grip, body-weight, etc., before ever loading the weapon to be shot.

Now, she will have to un-learn what she has (improperly) learned, before she can get it right.

It is far, faaaaaar easier to get someone shooting well quickly by spending an hour or two on the basics at home, before actually shooting.

I've taught a few females to shoot this way, and they respond amazingly well. Not to sound too misogynistic, but females are more apt to do as told. Plus, they have...like....amazing memories. They actually remember the stuff you tell and show/teach them while going from home to the range.....a space of time that would see me forgetting everything.

·
Who?
7,957 Posts
OP;

Not trying to beat you down, but I agree that it is much, much better for a new shooter to learn the basics of stance, grip, body-weight, etc., before ever loading the weapon to be shot.

Now, she will have to un-learn what she has (improperly) learned, before she can get it right.

It is far, faaaaaar easier to get someone shooting well quickly by spending an hour or two on the basics at home, before actually shooting.

I've taught a few females to shoot this way, and they respond amazingly well. Not to sound too misogynistic, but females are more apt to do as told. Plus, they have...like....amazing memories. They actually remember the stuff you tell and show/teach them while going from home to the range.....a space of time that would see me forgetting everything.
I've also found women have less preconceived notions about guns, and less ego/machismo to work around or break down to get them shooting in a proper grip or stance than most grown men do.

Once you get them over the bang and recoil flinching, most woman tend to be great shooters.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Show her this.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7g1zDNutSk"]Rifle Recoil Control Techniques - YouTube[/ame]

My wife will take direction from a video better than she does me..... :upeyes: so yours may be the same way.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Man...I'm jealous of all you guys with wives all willing to learn from your instructions and stuff. Mine is more willing to learn from a slightly sore ahoulder and a YouTube video. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts