Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that a G26 gen 5 upper is not backward compatible to gen 3 frame. However, my gen 5 upper fits my Polymer80 subcompact as well as did my gen 3 upper. To the best of my recollection, I've not fired it in this 5 over 3 configuration. But I want to try it.

Has anyone done this.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
The only change that initially took place on the 26/27 going from Gen3 to Gen4 was the texturing on the grip. The 26/27 always used the larger double spring so the "Gen3" frame was sized to accommodate. The same would not be true of the larger models (19, 17, etc).

Reactions: CBTENGR

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to assume I can operate my G26.5 upper with the subcompact P80 lower. There is no noticeable problem with interference; the action of the striker seems normal; etc.

My other option would be to buy a "gen 3" upper for the Polymer80 lower. And I'd prefer not to do that.

Right now, I have an AA .22LR conversion upper on the P80 lower, which shoots well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought a Gen 5 oem Glock upper and p80sc lower with Gen 3 parts. I notice that the rounds don’t eject properly like sometimes the slide would only go 90% of the way and the round is still held on by the extractor but won’t come out. I heard some people get a Gen 4/5 trigger housing or ejector part #30274. I was wondering if you had to switch out the ejector for it to work because I’m having quite the issue with ejection of rounds.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Yes using the Gen 4 or Gen 5 ejector in your Gen 3 trigger housing will help with ejection and also help prevent getting brass to the face. You will still have to use a Gen 3 trigger housing in the 940SC unless you modify a Gen 4 housing to fit.

Gen 4 Trigger Housing Mod

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Just bought a Gen 5 oem Glock upper and p80sc lower with Gen 3 parts. I notice that the rounds don’t eject properly like sometimes the slide would only go 90% of the way and the round is still held on by the extractor but won’t come out. I heard some people get a Gen 4/5 trigger housing or ejector part #30274. I was wondering if you had to switch out the ejector for it to work because I’m having quite the issue with ejection of rounds.
Didn't you make another thread and then state you haven't even bothered to shoot the thing yet?

No I haven’t got a chance to shoot it yet I will tomorrow but I was doing a ejection test basically just racking the clip back and forth with dummy rounds and see if they come out smoothly. Sometimes I does but they frequently don’t come out and the slide wouldn’t go all the way back. It’s not a double feed or stovetop the round is still held on by the extractor.
I would suggest you shoot it before complaining about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts