My Gen 1 Glock 19

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by SmokieXD45, Feb 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. SmokieXD45

SmokieXD45

Update on page 8

Finally got a break to post this for everyone that has been patient wanting to see it. As far as I know, this is the first gen 1 that has been sold on Gunbroker, and I ended up winning the auction at $6725. The price really didn't matter much to myself, as I've been searching for this gun for a long time, and it was my holy grail.

A little history on the gun, from what I've gathered from people that know these a lot better than myself. My gun was made in March 1988 as a prototype, one of 16 known produced. It was then sold to Kansas state alcohol beverage control. It was issued to one of the officers, and sometime before 1995, when the generation two models came to be, it was traded back to glock for an upgraded model along with several others. The officers were given the option to keep their guns, so some didn't go back to Glock. During this time at the factory, it underwent the internal parts upgrade. From there, it was sold to a dealer in Arizona in 1995. The history gets lost at this point, until some time around 2004, where it ended up at another Arizona dealer as a police trade in. It then was purchased by the previous owner to me, and sat in his collection before going to auction where I purchased it.

So here are the pictures. In all of the comparison pictures, the gen 1 is on the left, followed by a gen 2, gen 3, RTF2, and a gen 4 to show all of the differences in each frame variation.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ok, here is where the story gets really cool! After I won the auction, I get a message from member Catshooter, and he had a set of all the original black internal parts that had since been swapped out by glock. Not only did he have that, he had an original u cutout, non caliber marked magazine, and a handful of hole free baseplates. I wouldn't even know where to acquire all these parts on my own, and it makes the gun that much more historically correct. Many thanks to Catshooter for being so generous to share these parts!!
    Here are some pics of the two correct mags (one that came with the gun) and the correct baseplates.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

That's not all though, so get ready for this one. Another message comes through by member Firebasephoenix, and says to call him, that he has something I WILL be interested in.
    When he told me what he had, my mouth hit the floor. He asks me if I'd be interested in the original box for my gun. Not just a period correct box, but THE ORIGINAL serial numbered box, original tag and registration card intact! Just think about that for a second. The gun had not been with the box since 1995, over 20 years. That in itself is just short a miracle to be able to reunite them together again, especially on such a rare gun. Not only that, he had the correct mag loader, cleaning brush, rod, and a set of correct front and rear sights. Needless to say, all these parts together just adds the excitement of actually being able to own it more than I could ever imagine. I am extremely grateful to both members, and it shows how good of a group of people that posts here. Thank you!!

Here are the pictures of the gun reunited with the box, and the registration card.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for viewing, and if anyone wants to see another part on the gun, let me know and I'll do my best to capture it.

Edit..pease see update on page 8

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  2. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Excellent job on all counts. Congrats! :thumbsup:

3. bachman44

bachman44

So this is the gun that caused all the hubbub, awesome!

4. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Wow...that's awesome! A serious stroke of luck to get the original case and complete this holy grail.

devochka likes this.
  5. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

There are some great members here, that's for sure. Sounds like the planets aligned for you. Well done sir!

6. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

With the original box and accessories, I think you effectively increased the value of your investment. Is there another Gen 1 19 out there that is this complete?

devochka likes this.
  7. SmokieXD45

SmokieXD45

Two more that I know of.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    jlosurdo and kodiakpb like this.
  8. Bruce M

Bruce M

Very nice! Great photos and information Thanks.

9. ElevenBravoDotNet

ElevenBravoDotNet

At first, I wasnt interested.. but in the end I enjoyed the story!

Thanks for the share-
    EB

TX OMFS likes this.
  10. AL Bundy's Dodge

AL Bundy's Dodge

11. CarryTexas

CarryTexas

Incredible luck finding that box. Although I am not a collecter this is very cool. The fact you were able to complete the set is awesome.

You have already increased the value.

Congratulations!

12. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

13. KWalrad

KWalrad No Wire Hangers!

Very cool! Perhaps you should buy a lottery ticket while your good fortune holds out.

Thanks for sharing and enjoy that treasure.

14. flyby1971

flyby1971

Holy fricking smokes. That is outstandingly awesome. Some serious planets had to align for this to happen.:ufo:
    Wonder if and when we will ever see the others.

15. 34shooter

34shooter

16. Catshooter

Catshooter

Totally fricking awesome man. It is wonderful when a plan can come together. You're very welcome.

Cat

17. Anomander

Anomander

In on epic thread

18. Mike Papa

Mike Papa

Congratulations to all involved. Well done!!! :patriot:

mdell49 likes this.
  19. Halveye

Halveye

Great story, enjoyed the recounted journey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. domino1

domino1

Glad it worked out for you. I would love to come across a similar pistol to buy!