My G44 works well

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by wade _s, Feb 23, 2020.

1. HJB

HJB

Someone suggested that on one of the forums the other day so I went and bought some. I had just gotten my Smith and Wesson M&P .22 compact back from S&W after sending it I for repairs. I fired some of it and I liked it too and will get some more because I can get it at a pretty good price if I catch it on sale.

I had been shooting Federal and having all kinds of problems with it and that's why I sent my gun back to S&W. They did some repairs on it and it came back and fired like crazy with both the Federal and the Aguila.

2. wade _s

wade _s

I haven’t owned a.22 since I was a kid. Inherited the ammo . Didn’t want to throw it away, so I saved it until I got a .22. I don’t think age matters as long as it’s stored well.

3. Terry G

Terry G

I have a couple thousand rounds of 8MM that was on sale for pennies a round. Made in 1950, I haven's had a misfire yet. Shiny bright in bandoliers.

4. Pitmaster Will

Pitmaster Will

I've shot 300 rounds of that Aguila, 3 failures to fire that went bang the second time, no feeding or ejection issues. I can get 500 rounds for $20.

5. bradleyepb

bradleyepb

I am a happy camper now at 830 rounds. I stovepipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM720 likes this.
  6. ak103k

ak103k

I just got back from the range a little while ago with 44 #2. Its got around 1400-1500 through it now. Im starting to lose track. 44 #1 has a bit over 2000 rounds through it now. At this point, I dont think Im going to bother keeping track anymore.

A little over 3000 rounds between them now, and thee stoppages and only one of those "unexplained". Those three were early on with the first gun. The second gun has yet to have a stoppage. The first hasnt had any problems since those early three.

Guns shoot great, mags work fine, whats not to like. :)

Considering they are .22's and how .22 ammo generally tends to be, thats pretty amazing in its own right. 99% of what Ive been shooting has been CCI, and 99% of that has been their Blazers. Pretty impressive QC/QA if you ask me.

The two stoppages that werent CCI, were Winchester Super X of roughly 1995 vintage, and it was obvious that there was something off with the way those rounds fired. Had nothing to do with the gun.

All in all, Im happy as hell with mine. :)

Army66, Jarine88 and PM720 like this.
  7. wade _s

wade _s

Put another box of Fed 38 gr jhp through my G44 today. Still no malfunctions. Sure is fun and very light, so easy to pack around the woods.

PM720 likes this.
  8. Bradley T

Bradley T

Problems come with crappy ammo. CCI Minimags over 500 this week-with no problems, then loaded 10 rounds of Winchester Super Speed 1300 fps 40 grain jacketed round nose and had three fail to even get the empty out of the chamber. "Super Speed 1300 fps ammo" can't even cycle the slide far enough to even get the case out of the chamber? $7.99 a box for that junk! Caveat Emptor with this crappy ammo these shysters shove out to the customer! CCI Quiets have more moxi than that Red Rattler garbage!
    I think it's kind of a contest now between Winchester and Remington- which can sell the junkiest garbage ammo!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    Steady Glockin, Macc283 and PM720 like this.
  9. glowrod

glowrod Fightin' Fire

Congrats on your new Glock.
    I bought a G44 last week and was surprised how light it was. Haven't shot it yet but I also noticed how stiff the magazine springs are. Hoping to give another good report like that of the OP.

10. 5.4 Shelby

5.4 Shelby

Congrats on yours. I broke mine in by:

1. Cleaning and lubricating before firing the first time. The manual says to do that. I always do on a new gun anyway. Just don't clean the anti-seize stuff off.

2. Only fired reliable ammo for the first 300 rounds (I used CCI minimags)

3. Clean and lube after each range session. I do that with all guns anyway.

I now have about 1500 rounds through mine. I have had 1 Failure to feed, 1 failure to eject and yesterday I had 2 failure to lock back on the last round. That happened on back to back magazines and with CCI MM ammo. Then, no more problems the rest of the day. So, 4 minor errors in 1500 rounds is pretty awesome for a .22LR. My 1911 had a FTF yesterday too. My G19.5, however, has never had a single hiccough.

11. wade _s

wade _s

I cleaned and lubed my G44 prior to the first trip out to shoot, but not since then. I'll probably clean it again after a couple more outings unless I start to have problems before then.

12. bac1023

bac1023

Awesome

Great to hear :cool:

13. HJB

HJB

I do love how everyone has success with CCI mini mags. I want a 22 that shoots crappy ammo reliably. Any 22 will shoot mini mags but Glock advertised this gun as it will shoot anything. So, I really don't want to read any more people's experience with how great this 22 is with CCI mini mags.

14. Pitmaster Will

Pitmaster Will

I haven't had a problem at all with mini mags! Love my G44!

Steady Glockin and PM720 like this.
  15. faceplant

faceplant

Mine is very reliable with CCI Minimags

PM720 and Pitmaster Will like this.
  16. ak103k

ak103k

Mine have been pretty much 100% with CCI "standard velocity" Blazers. A little over 3000 rounds between two guns at this point.

PM720 likes this.
  17. RustyRyan

RustyRyan

300 rounds with Federal Auto Match 36 grain. 1 stove pipe when testing a mag not loaded properly. All is well so far!

I love this training tool, as it definitely has helped improve my trigger control... When I am getting sloppy at the range with my G45, I use the G44 to get me back on track and reestablish confidence, then go back to G45.

<3 G44

18. SARDG

SARDG Florida's Left Coast

First ammo that worked consistently in my 44 was Winchester M-22, 1255fps, 40gr RN. Just keeps working, so I keep using...

PM720 likes this.
  19. 5.4 Shelby

5.4 Shelby

I shoot primarily minimags, but, not exclusively. I have run Winchester, Remington, Aguila, CCI SV and Stingers. The only failures were with Remington (aside from the 2 failures to lock back on the last round yesterday).

20. HJB

HJB

Yes, I have not found anything that won't shoot mini mags. Even my Smith and Wesson M&P 22 compact that had a 50% or higher failure rate with Federal and other common 22 lr ammo would should mini mags. I just don't need another 22 to shoot them.

I was hoping with the press that Glock gave the G44 and their claim that it would shoot anything, that it would actually shoot anything.