My g20 torture test

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by orangeride, Apr 14, 2012.

1. orangeride

orangeride

Ok so it wasn't on purpose, but here's my story. A couple months ago I built myself a hybrid fishing holster. Took a BH Sherpa and rigged it to a set of bino suspenders. I looked like it would work great, enable me to wear my gun while wearing wadders. Also this set up keeps the gun up out of the water. So I was just out fishing this mourning with my brother and I thought it would be a good time to give my set up a test run. To make a long story short I tripped on a rock and face planted into about 2' of of water and rocks. Filled my knee high boots with water and soaked myself from head to toe. The first thing my brother points out is how I soaked my gun, I told him that's why I bought a glock. I took a little look inside and could see the gun was drenched and had a nice little covering of river water silt. I told my brother, how much you want to bet it will fire the whole mag without a hitch. I then proceeded to show him why a g20 is better than any other 10mm. ( side note, now I totally feel bad for my gun so I'm Gona hit the garage and give her a good bath)

2. battlin bulldog

battlin bulldog sand

Your story is a great example of what these firearms are able to take without coming close to a problem. Yet you still need to take the time to properly clean and maintain them such as you do. I never should have sold my g20:crying:

3. 4949shooter

4949shooter

Good story. Gotta love Glocks, especially 10 MM Glocks.

What ammo were you using?

4. Opie 1 Kenopie

Opie 1 Kenopie Regular Guy

Similar test: I was attending a Tac Rifle course in the southern California mountains when working on a drill where an injured shooter was extracted by team mates. I fired a few through my M4 and then two other shooters dragged me and a buddy over dirt, rocks and gravel for about 50 yards. My co-worker's Kimber Pro Carry II had scooped dirt like a shovel right into the hammer/slide area. My G23 was scratched and jammed with loose dirt and gravel. I drew it and fired off controlled pairs until empty. Never hiccuped once. My buddy didn't even try his Kimber but now trains with a Glock and carries his Kimber only when he's in town in a clean-ish environment.

5. countrygun

countrygun

i was not a big fanboy, but these are some of the reasons I "retired" my 10mm Witness in favor of the 20 sf.

6. sr975j

sr975j

why didnt your brother have a camera out....i would have loved to watch you fall down :tongueout:

but really, thats the reason i am a glock guy, they operate in almost any condition.

Sam

7. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

:rofl:, I think many would like to see that, but back to the gun gotta love that durability from Glocks

:50cal:

8. orangeride

orangeride

Believe me, if he'd got a pic it would be on facebook by now. Then everyone would be having a good laugh. That's ok. Last jan we where duck hunting in Idaho when he slipped when putting out the deek's and took water up to his neck. For 2 sec he looked pretty scared. I grabbed him, then we all had a good laugh. By the way, the snake river in jan is not a good place to take a bath.
    Side note, if you want the glock of shotguns get a Benelli super black eagle. Mine has around 20,000 rnds through it and has only jammed maybe two or three times. On this duck trip it was so cold outside everything would flash freeze when you got out of the water. Well in one of our spots when I went to get out of the water I set my gun on the ice shelf and when I jumped out I sent a little wave of water over the action on my gun. I didn't notice it till later but I had a big chunk of solid ice in my action. When the next set of birds flew by I pulled the trigger and ice blew all over the blind, it was the first time my gun had ever short stroked (I was shooting 3.5" #2) I cleared the empty and continued shooting. You cannot beat a Bennlli SBE.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  9. Wolf Spyder

Wolf Spyder Gun Activist

I have done far worse to my Glock 20, on purpose, with no ill effects.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Opie 1 Kenopie

Opie 1 Kenopie Regular Guy

Dang it Wolf, that is one UGLY pistol. But so sweet looking at the same time. I like my guns with that "used lots" look. No time for shiny black slides, crayon lettering and polished
    stainless barrels. To me, beat up Glocks like yours have character and just LOOK serious.

11. thedave8

thedave8

you gotta get the other stuff dirty, so it all matches......waaaay too clean...lol