Glock Talk banner

My G19 is more accurate than yours...

2459 Views 40 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  mboylan
Just attention whoring with the title... Seriously though, I went to the range today and was really shooting well (for me).

I told my friend I was just gonna see if I could hit paper from 100ft and was shocked to shoot about 3 inch groups! Never even tried to shoot that far before with this pistol and I am fairly new to Glocks. I didn't take my Colt 1911, but doubt I could shoot it that well. I was also just shooting Freedom Munitions reloads FMJ...
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· GTDS #88
3,378 Posts
Just attention whoring with the title... Seriously though, I went to the range today and was really shooting well (for me).

I told my friend I was just gonna see if I could hit paper from 100ft and was shocked to shoot about 3 inch groups! Never even tried to shoot that far before with this pistol and I am fairly new to Glocks. I didn't take my Colt 1911, but doubt I could shoot it that well. I was also just shooting Freedom Munitions reloads FMJ...
Has to be an OD model

· Registered
477 Posts
Haveing been reared on the Glock 19 1st gen and 2nd gen,My 3rd gen is superbly accurate at 75-100 yards consistently hitting steel plates ! Never bothered to find out what the FPS was at that distance or FT Pounds but it must be considerable ! Long live the Gen 3s ! Wish my Glock 43 could have been a gen 3,lol ! JMO/MDT

· Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
12,005 Posts
It is good but how practical it is? Pistols are not desighned to be used above 25ft range, especially short barrel one.
Actually GSSF has 25 yard targets on the 5 to glock, and even the glock 26 has offered reliable accuracy. Steel Challenge has shots out to 35 yards. Man sized targets out to 65 yards are not out of the question and accuracy can actually be achieved on 12 oz styfofoam cups.

· Registered
1,556 Posts
Good hits on man size targets out to 200yds are not that difficult with a little practice. Of course you're not delivering a lot of energy at those ranges with pistol calibers. but enough to be effective if it's all you have.
s45

· Registered
59,814 Posts
I would like to see some source for the 25' statement.

Reactions: rbox1064
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.