close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My G19 Has Gotten Worse...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Doughnutman_923, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923 Blessed Are The Peacemakers

I'm pissed!

Went out today with 50 rounds of Winchester NATO and 50 rounds of wal-mart special. Out of those 100 I got about 3 random stovepipes. 2 with the wall-mart stuff and 1 with the NATO. I got about 5 cases at my face, and yet again one got stuck in the rim of my glasses and burned like crap... and that is probably why I'm as angry as I am. I'm an experienced shooter, I roll my support hand forward and it makes recoil feel like a really angry .22 magnum and I do detail strip my Glocks so there wasn't any powder or dirt to impede the movement of the extractor and my wrists aren't broken.

30274 Ejector.
    0-3-4 RSA

I ordered a Non-LCI extractor and Non-LCI bearing and I guess we'll see where that lands me.

If that doesn't work, it's getting sold...............or tortured until it looks like a High-Point.

2. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

I hear what you are saying.I know my newest Glock acquisition G 19 produced in 1999 just keeps eating ammunition like there's no tomorrow,with zero nasty habits. In the five weeks I have had it I have 850 rounds trough it,I think that's what they used to mean by Glock perfection. SJ 40

3. BenjiEDF

BenjiEDF

4. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

Have you contacted Glock at all about this? You can always send them the pistol to be looked over before just selling it.........

5. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Yeah, a trip to Glock *might* be in order if jamming. If just ejection pattern issues I'd say not but jams, yeah.

6. 4949shooter

4949shooter

7. sgt rock

sgt rock

Yep that will fix it. :poke:

8. di11igaf

di11igaf ibew

Id say between 500-1000 mine started to get worse. It went from not too noticeable to wow, this sucks.
    That's when I started testing all types of ammo to confirm my problem. Id call glock, or at least try to fix It before it stovepipes at the most inopportune time.

9. ignantmike

ignantmike

and become someone else's headache......:upeyes:

10. Doughnutman_923

Contacted Glock and they told me to send it to them. Yeah like that will fix anything, it has all the updated parts in it.

11. BenjiEDF

BenjiEDF

Did you buy the gun from Davidson's distributor? If so they can give you a new gun. If you bought it from a local gunshop ask them who the distributor was.
    http://www.galleryofguns.com/about/terms.aspx

12. Fire_Medic

Hey, it's possible it's a lemon right, and if it is, they will send you a new gun. I know a guy who had an issue with his and they even let him choose a different model Glock for the replacement gun. That's what people don't talk too much about, so the pistol might have an issue, but at least you're working with a company who will make it right.

I know it's frustrating, because right now you have the gun, it's not working right, and you will be without it if you send it in, but I'm sure once it's all settled you will be much happier.

I had an issue early this year with a different brand 9mm semi auto, and the issues did not start until after 3K rounds through the gun trouble free. The manufacturer told me to send it in for them to look at, and they sent it back saying nothing was wrong and that they could not duplicate what I was talking about. I was pissed, so at least Glock has a track record of replacing pistols, some guys have gotten new guns back when they were just looking for parts to make their gun run correctly.

I had to sell that pistol at a loss, because I had to tell the buyer of the issues I was having, he said he didn't care it was only going to be for the range. I lost my rear end because the pistol was customized with grip work, trigger, sights, etc.

So just hang in there and wait to see what Glock says. But send them the gun!

If you don't send them the gun, then you have not afforded them the opportunity to make it right.

Just my $0.02 FM :wavey:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  13. Islander1

Islander1

Sorry to hear about your troubles. My Gen 3 G19 has been... well... perfection.

14. Doughnutman_923

Well sending it in and waiting a month or two to get it back isn't exactly fun. I leave for Army BCT in 75 days.

15. Fire_Medic

So then whats the hurry, you're gonna be on the range for quite some time shooting and you might be hating life depending on your DI's and where you go for BCT.

Worse comes to worse, you come home to a new gun :wavey:

16. bonehead098

bonehead098

Send it in. They fixed my gen2 born in 1989 last year & sent it back FREE OF CHARGE.
    A few weeks later I sent them 4 mags to asking for springs & follower & they me 4 new ones FREE OF CHARGE! Love Glock customer service.

I don't think it was 2 weeks turn around time.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  17. Doughnutman_923

I just want to know I have things fixed before I go.

I can't exactly hassle Glock over the phone while I'm there.

18. Fire_Medic

Well then you have a decision to make, send it now and wait, or wait until you get back, it's simple as that.

If you're joining the Army there's more important things to worry about right now.

You need to make sure your contact info is tight for emergency contact, that your bank account is setup right so you get paid while you're gone, that someone at home can take care of your bills (if you have any), etc, etc.

:wavey:

19. G19 DB

G19 DB

Just take it to a glock armorer. They will fix it on the spot, no questions asked, no money required.

20. bac1023

bac1023

That really sucks.

Sorry to hear