GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could see “something” had dug under the road a deep hole (roughly parallel to low area, slightly downward). It was wet, slippery getting to it. I had a old metal mop handle, and shotgun.
As it might be skunk (ok no smell) badger, fox... I thought sticking a 5’ metal handle might not be best option. So @10’ away I let a rd down the “den”. Never thought I would use “recon by fire”. Nobody home.

·
Premium Member
24,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never pull the trigger unless you can see where the bullet is going. (you aren't in combat)
It’s a burrow under my driveway. Dirt @4’ deep when I stuck handle in. I just didn’t want to stir a skunk, raccoon, badger.. when unable to use shotgun.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
It’s a burrow under my driveway. Dirt @4’ deep when I stuck handle in. I just didn’t want to stir a skunk, raccoon, badger.. when unable to use shotgun.
I've hunted for 50 years.
Never pull the trigger unless you can see where the bullet is going.... (you aren't in combat)

As Zeker said, stick a water hose down it.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
i usually run a long hose from my car's tail pipe to the offending critter... 15 minutes does it... put's them to the sleep of no return...

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Last time I had unidentified traffic at a hole I put a trailcam on it... It was ground squirrels. I also caught the neighbor's pitbull (who chases the ground squirrels), a fox with a rabbit, two opossums, a trash panda, a grey squirrel and several deer.

·
Venor ergo sum
3,315 Posts
“Buy a Shotgun.”

Reactions: larry_minn
1 - 18 of 18 Posts